Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: oh my fucking lord.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rosi View Post
    I think you underestimate the stupidity of the great british public. I often wonder how many people turn up in A&E with a botched tracheotomy after choking on a peanut and someone saying "well, I did it exactly the way they do on 'Casualty'"

thats the best scentence i have seen on here in so long and had me laughing hard!
    The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

www.nextgenmma.co.uk

what a load of shite casualty really is. its not just mma that they get wrong its just about every single issue they tackle and try and make an episode about.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFreak View Post
    Isnt that what MMA is like? :O
    No you are confusing it with this forum

I think you underestimate the stupidity of the great british public. I often wonder how many people turn up in A&E with a botched tracheotomy after choking on a peanut and someone saying "well, I did it exactly the way they do on 'Casualty'"

Seriously though, if someone's never seen anything about "cage fighting" before, and they happen across it in the middle of an episode of a soap opera, it's pretty likely that it's going to colour their views about the sport, don't you think? Someone with no prior experience of the sport isn't going to be thinking that critically about it, any more than you would be if they presented a badly researched story line about - say - a national tiddlywinks championship.

It's the things people don't think about that often affect their views the most.
    100 correct (sadly)

Someone has a lot of explaining to do
    Last edited by iandean; 26-10-2008 at 12:18 PM.

steve_langford

It was shocking!

Seriously though, if someone's never seen anything about "cage fighting" before, and they happen across it in the middle of an episode of a soap opera, it's pretty likely that it's going to colour their views about the sport, don't you think? Someone with no prior experience of the sport isn't going to be thinking that critically about it, any more than you would be if they presented a badly researched story line about - say - a national tiddlywinks championship.

It's the things people don't think about that often affect their views the most.
    Well said. A 'person' can be inteligent 'people' are just plain dumb.

Stapes
    Michael Stapleton stapesmk1@hotmail.com (Not Martin Stapleton)

Leeroy Barnes
    Pro Fighter

it was highly disgusting they had people pulling on the cage they had barbed wire wrapped round the top and pole dancers dancing in podiums i just cant start to explain how shit it was i hope that nobody who knows what i do watched that.
    Wolfslair MMA