Thread: Paul Reed interview on fighting in Italy.

Default Paul Reed interview on fighting in Italy.

Paul, many fans are waiting for your fight with Ciro.What did make you decide to come to fight at NGT?
    The challenge of traveling to a foreign country and winning a pro fight in against the local guy. Im not fighting for too much longer and the chance to fight in Milan was to good to pass on. How could i possibly turn down an opportunity like this.

What do you know about Ciro Ruotolo?

Hes a purple belt in bjj(nova invicta) and has competed in many no gi tournaments. Hes the NGT Featherweight champ and hes 3-0 in pro mma. Ive watched a lot of him on the net and he is a very good grappler, very strong.

Are you training as any other previous fight or are you doing something different?

Its pride rules for this fight so yes i will be training differently. Also ive fought good bjj guys before so i'll work on a game plan for him, but im not giving it away.

You look very confident and you have created a lot of interest around this fight, in Italy and UK. What kind of fight are you expecting to fight?

Im expecting a war. I know he's going to be training very hard for this, maybe harder than ever. Im sure hes working his stand up in case he cant get me down. I think if he fails to secure the takedowns I will give him fits standing up, but who knows. I know if he gets me down its going to tough for me but he has to get me there first. It'll be a rough fight.

You are a CAGE RAGE fighter, ranked as one of the best european fighters in your weight division. Ciro is in MMA since about 1 year. How do you think this fight will end?

I've been fighting pro mma for less than 2 years so i havn't be at it that much longer, ive just taken a lot of fights. Just because he has been doing it for only a year doesnt mean he isnt the favorite to me. I had only been fighting 10 months when i beat bjj black belt Izidro so im not going to be complacent. This fight can end in a lot of ways. I dont know how it will end, we will see on the 14 december. What i do know is that im going to be better prepared than ever before for a fight. Im not coming to Milan for holiday, im coming to win.

Ciro is looking for a submission to be remembered for years, so you will finally shut up. Any message for Ciro and his fans?

Finally shut up?? This and he's already said im going to feel the pain and find out what it feels like to fight an Italian fighter.

On the 14th Dec Ciro is going to find out what UK MMA is all about.

Stella powered Reed!!

good interview, going to be another good win for you Paul

Quote Originally Posted by dozer View Post
    Stella powered Reed!!

good interview, going to be another good win for you Paul

No beer till Dec 14th.

I dont think drinking just before the fight is a good idea. I guess a swift one after weigh in will be alright

Yes Paul..beer before the fight..it's good!
    Good luck for this fight versus Ciro Ruotolo!!
    Friendly
    Fred

Great fightcard Dino...! Congratulations..!

Quote Originally Posted by Victoire View Post
    Yes Paul..beer before the fight..it's good!
    Good luck for this fight versus Ciro Ruotolo!!
    Friendly
    Fred

Great fightcard Dino...! Congratulations..!
    Thanks Fred, hope to see you fighting soon, where can i watch Manus fight with Aziz?

Paul.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zCT74yidw2E
    Last edited by Reedy; 18-11-2008 at 06:03 AM.