Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MMA gloves

Default MMA gloves

im looking to get myself a pair of MMA gloves, what do you recommend and whats the sizing like?

all help would be appreciated

Blitz have always being the best gloves for me, Ive had 2 pairs ( ive lost one) and now i hava a pair of Rogue which are no wear near as good as me blitz. The other lads who fight swear on Fairtex gloves
    3-5-1

I got some fairtex ones, they are pretty tough., top quality. Get what you pay for I'm afraid.
    My website now has a new domain, check it out - www.modernviolentgentlemen.com

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

fight gloves or sparring gloves?

Sparring gloves, then Twins, Fairtex or Sandy are all similar and excellent...

... if fight gloves, why bother? All shows supply gloves, some even insist on it. Owning a pair is pretty pointless

Go old school and get the Harbringers with bar on the palm
    Gary.

Doesn't have a signature anymore

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnfitOne View Post
    Go old school and get the Harbringers with bar on the palm
    And then to show that you're truly old school put a post on here asking how you can remove the bar
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Quote Originally Posted by ReD_mIst View Post
    fight gloves or sparring gloves?

Sparring gloves, then Twins, Fairtex or Sandy are all similar and excellent...

... if fight gloves, why bother? All shows supply gloves, some even insist on it. Owning a pair is pretty pointless

Agree that the twins, fairtex and sandee sparring gloves are all great but it isn't the case that all shows supply fight gloves. The majority I have attended with fighters from my team or competed in myself, they've not provided them. This basically covers all the shows in the north and some more.

A lot of shows don't supply them, I've only maybe been on 1 or 2 that have and all the rest have meant I had to wear my own. But I agree a lot of people are too keen to buy the smaller gloves and fewer seem to have any sparring gloves which are a much better investment, I never really wear the smaller gloves when I'm training at all but the fairtex sparring gloves get loads of use.

The only issue I have with mine is that the velcro is crap and I have to tape them up all the time, I would probably buy a different brand next time just based on that.

Career highlight video
    Team Fulinkazan "The will to win compares little with the will to prepare to win"

sandee.......
    rob"c4"sinclair 11 - 2 bamma lightwieght champ