Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin Kampmann signs new four-fight contract with the UFC (5oz of pain.com)

Default Martin Kampmann signs new four-fight contract with the UFC (5oz of pain.com)

Martin Kampmann signs new four-fight contract with the UFC
    November 4, 2008 by Sam Caplan

FiveOuncesOfPain.com has learned that the UFC has signed Martin Kampmann to a new four-fight contract.

The news was confirmed with Kampmann’s agent, Ken Pavia.

Kampmann is 13-2 in his professional mixed martial arts career and is 4-1 lifetime inside of the Octagon. His most recent fight was a first round TKO loss to Nathan Marquardt at UFC 88 in September but prior to that he was 4-0 with victories over Crafton Wallace, Thales Leites, Drew McFedries, and Jorge Rivera.
    http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/11/...-with-the-ufc/

Im glad the UFC re-signed him. Awesome fighter.

Yeah, good fighter - he needs some better fights to make his name though.
    "When you're not training; somebody else is training to kick your ass."
    Part of Team Savage. Trained by Alex 'The Boy' Owen:
    http://www.teamsavage.co.uk/

Great fighter. Glad he has got another contract. He should probably move to 170 though, considering he was dwarved by Marquardt last time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Aplin View Post
    WHAT !!!

So Crafton Wallace, Thales Leites, Drew McFedries, and Jorge Rivera aren't big names?

Huh? He has fought some real tough competition in the UFC and beaten them?? McFredries, Leites?

I dont get that statement.

I meant he is not a 'name' yet because the guys he has fought are not names' either. He was on a 10 fight win streak until he fought Markquet... think he could have fought bigger names like Diego, Kos, Hughes, Parisyan, etc. The MMA community knows the guys he has fought are good, but to casual observers he hasn't quite broken through that barrier to title contention.
    Last edited by Nak-Muay; 04-11-2008 at 06:23 PM.

I meant he is not a 'name' yet because the guys he has fought are not names' either. He was on a 10 fight win streak until he fought Markquet... think he could have fought bigger names like Diego, Kos, Hughes, Parisyan, etc. The MMA community knows the guys he has fought are good, but to casual observers he hasn't quite broken through that barrier to title contention.
    Martquardt is ranked 7th in the world middleweight!!! Diego, Kos, Hughes etc are all welterweights. Kampman is a middleweight and all his fights have been at middleweight.

Her has fought and beaten some of the best MW competition in the UFC.

fuck, I saw his fight against Riviera and Martquardt, but for some reason had his in my mind as a WW =/ Probably why he hadn't fought Kos, Diego, etc then although I could have sworn I kept hearing them talking about 170 against Martquardt? hmm.

Martquardt is 7th in the world, but I think when he fought Kampmann was coming off two losses?

At 185ibs, he needs to be looking at Franklin, Hendo, Bis, Okami, McDonald, etc I reckon, they will raise his profile more...
    Last edited by Nak-Muay; 04-11-2008 at 06:42 PM.

He is cutting to 170lbs