Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Max Payne

Hybrid View

Default Max Payne

And so it continues, games into movies, utter dog shite.

Anyone who has played the games Max Payne 1 and 2 will understand it has one of the coolest and darkest story lines ever, not only that the game's were fantastic to play, the main character in the game was brilliant.

In the movie you kick straight off with Mark Whalberg playing Max Payne and instantly you think "wrong choice". It only get's worse from there on.

Clearly noone who directed the film has been bothered to play the game, they have somehow turned a dark themed action fest into a slow boring drama?

Max Payne the movie joins my all time movie dissapointment list, not quite as poor as AvP2 but not far off.

Do NOT go see this in the cinema people, download it for free because that is all it's worth!

My score 4/10

mortal kombat was THE best game2film end of.

Doom was "OK"

The game2film genre is just appauling, some terrible ones off the top of my head:

Mario Brothers
    Street Fighter
    Tomb Raider
    Aliens v Predator
    Alone in the Dark
    Mortal Kombat (i thought this was shite, MK with no blood wtf?!)
    Doom

Half Decent ones
    Resident Evil
    Silent Hill
    Dead Or Alive (only because of all the hot sluts in it!)
    Hitman

Pathetic!

I thought it was terrible, cant believe I watched it to the end....
    I'm going to live forever. Or die trying.

Shit. Max Payne is one of my all time favourite game series, and I was really looking forward to this. But, again, when I heard Mark Wahlberg was gonna play Payne and that squeeky voiced little tart from "that 70's show" was gonna play Mona Sax; my heart sank.

Gutted

What a shame, great game series. Looking forward to MP3.
    Gods of War token Irishman.

Gods of War MMA Reading Berkshire

Reading Berkshire Mixed Martial Arts

Always remember: The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data.'

It looked shit from the trailer.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

The games were fantastic. The first time i came across the dream sequence levels from the first game, i just thought "Wow!". The character and story like you said were top notch. As soon as i saw the trailer my initial thoughts were 'Here we go again; another game to film... and it looks total dog shit'.

I've not bothered watching it and i won't any time in the future.

Another film based on a game, which you should add to the 'avoid like plague' list is 'In the Name of the King; Dungeon Siege'. I didn't realise it at the time when i picked it off the blockbuster shelf that it was based on a game but then i had a sneaking suspicion as i watching it; it had shitty game transfer feel to it and which i later found out was correct. Some good people in the cast so i thought this couldn't be too bad but i was very wrong.

silent hill was fucking shite
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Hitman was not 'half decent.' It was awful, just... just awful.
    LANCASTER AND MORECAMBE MMA - Home to Shay Walsh, Matty Steele and Alex 'The Marksman' Makhonin