Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clubs in central Leeds.

Default Clubs in central Leeds.

Started a new job in the city centre and i won't always have time to get back home to go training so on the days when i'm stuck in leeds until later on i'm ideally looking for a thai or boxing club pretty close to leeds centre (walkable preferably) and i understand bad company and tigers gym are a bit of a way out?

Also anything wrestling/mma/bjj that might be worth a look, i know that dave butlin runs one on a wednesday on north street.

Cheers in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Started a new job in the city centre and i won't always have time to get back home to go training so on the days when i'm stuck in leeds until later on i'm ideally looking for a thai or boxing club pretty close to leeds centre (walkable preferably) and i understand bad company and tigers gym are a bit of a way out?

Also anything wrestling/mma/bjj that might be worth a look, i know that dave butlin runs one on a wednesday on north street.

Cheers in advance.
    Closest bjj/mma/thai club i know of to leeds city centre is True Spirit MMA, on Roundhay Road near chapeltown... not as close as Leeds Modern Combat though, the one Dave Butlin teaches at.

cheers pal, anyone know any more? my mate told me there's a thai club near the old brewery? does leeds uni have a wrestling club?

Goto D's class, anything else is bollocks :-)

Bad Company Thai Boxing, probably one of the best muay Thai gyms outside Thailand. Richard Smith is head coach and its home to world champs Liam Harrison, Andy Howson, Lisa Houghton-Smith etc, etc. you can walk to it from the town centre,takes about half an hour or just jump on a bus that heads towards york road.
    its at the star fitness centre, glenthorpe crescent off torre road.

First off i always back dave butlins classes. No bullshit, hard work and good movements! go there

text to that. Bad Compangy for thai no way you can go wrong there.. wel known outside the uk.
    Insert whiny message

Mabsy is a really nice bloke and I'm pretty certain he'll be delighted to welcome you along to their training sessions. Just outside the centre on Roundhay Road.. there will be a bus from the centre.

GOOD LUCK.

HIS WEB http://www.truespirit-mma.co.uk/

What everyone else said, also Golden Team thai boxing isn't far from the station towards Hunslet, it's walkable. I used to walk to Bad Company too.

John Higo has a place off Kirkstall Road too which is walkable from town as well.

Career highlight video
    Team Fulinkazan "The will to win compares little with the will to prepare to win"

Cheers everyone.

The class times at bad company are too early for me which is a shame because it's the club i was most looking forward visiting.

I'm definitely gonna visit dave's class, i'm only expecting to train in leeds once maybe twice a week anyway as i'll be doing my regular training when i can get there on time.

I'll try and visit as many as i can that have been reccomended and see how i go on.

Jay Golden teams classes are monday - thursday 7:30-9 and friday 7-8. I used to train there when I did just thai its a really good gym. 10 mins walk from centre of town. if you want directions let me know.