Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to learn MMA in London?

Why not check out New Wave Academy at Crystal Palace

That's only 4 stops from Wandsworth Common on the train (12mins) - its then a 10 min walk or 5 min bus ride to the Lewis Sports Centre.

Tuesdays 8.30pm-10.30pm & Saturdays 1.00pm-3.00pm

Nah, London shoot welcomes beginners; I started out as a beginner, and albeit I've trained super inconsistently due to personal problems, I advanced pretty well under their coaching.
    When the sunshines it's for my Gorilla, knowing that he'll bash you up forever, walking on knuckles forever, the killer in my Gorilla, illa illa eh eh....

bit late on the reply I know, only just signed up after finding all the posts on this site really helpful.
    as for mma class' in london- london shoot is a great gym,as said b4 though it does get kinda busy in the class.top pro club though
    also Diesel gym in east london(limehouse) do mma a couple times a week. very good muay thai club who have tommy the gun(cagerage) teaching mma on mon and wed nights I think.
    and also semtex gym are worth checking out(in swanley) just outside london
    again, great gym with good instruction.
    1) shootfighters
    2)Diesel gym
    3)semtex gym
    hope you find the right club

the new Diesel Gym in Limehouse (near Bank Station) has started a new MMA team lead by Tommy "da Gun" Gerald. www.dieselgym.co.uk

Also from the 20th Jan'09 Thiago "Monstro" Borges, the Heavyweight BJJ Blackbelt will be also down there teaching. Along with the established London Sitnarong for Muay Thai - I think they will be definitely worth a visit.

Elite is in Elephant and Castle. Not too far from you.

Great guys and coached by Dave O'Donnel. So if you want to fight on UC it will help trainin here.

Another two good ideas there.

That diesel gym looks pretty good.

I'd completely forgotten about elite.

Much obliged.

Is Pancrase London still open? From their website they are looking for a new location.

Diesel gym is not up to much, went there for MT and the lesson was ok but the facilities you get for 15 pounds are a joke.

London shoot is the only gym with good facilities in London, most other places are crap when you compare them to normal gyms.

It would be great if we could get American style mma gyms!

That's a fair point, although the main priority for me is quality of instruction rather than quality of facilities.

Both would be good though