Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to learn MMA in London?

Hi Fabrizio

I train at Diesel gym - agree still 'rustic' as the showers etc just put in and its just a room to change in - nothing fancy - and to be fair never will compete with normal gyms Fitness First et al

I would say however that the ring, matted areas etc are very good and you paid the one off drop in fee which is expensive (and on purpose)

the monthly 80 quid or weekly 25 quid allows you to now

train MMA x2 a week with Tommy Gerald (had Ryan Robinson/Tory Groman/Mark Smith all help too when Tommy was away)

now also train BJJ x2 a week with heavyweight Blackbelt Thiago 'Monstro' Borges

Muay Thai evernight mon-fri and sunday too

for a location that close to Canary Wharf its not bad value for 10 lessons a week if you did each one (none of them clash)

however

if I lived where Malcontent does (west london) then - totally unbiased - would go to London Shoot for MMA - a no brainer - or down to Carlsons - as on his doorstep.

diesel gym has got thiago 'monstro' borges teaching now eh?
    that sounds goooooooooood!!
    I've seen him fight before, the guys amazing,a huge guy but a very technical fighter.
    might have to get my ass down diesel gym to check that out.
    thanks for the heads up yak!

Hi Yak,

Thanks for the reply, do you know when they are starting the BJJ classes because it says nothing on the website.

Malcontent-

Come to Carlson's this wednesday at 6.30pm for Ryan Robinson's MMA class,
    followed by the No Gi BJJ class at 7.30 taught by a BJJ Black Belt (me,wilson
    or dickie).

You can try both classes for free.

We do 2 Muay Thai/Striking for MMA classes on Monday,Tuesday,Thursday,Friday as well as our BJJ Schedule.

You're in Wandsworth? Well we are on the Barnes side of hammersmith Bridge-so you could get a train from Wandsworth town to Barnes,
    or drive and park for free right outside the gym.
    Or cycle there in 15 minutes.

www.carlsongracieteam.org.uk

p.s. Class fee's are 8 per class,or for a double class it's 10.

NO DIRECT DEBITS,NO CONTRACTS,NO BOLLOCKS.
    Last edited by Simon Hayes; 12-01-2009 at 12:51 AM.

Gotta say, despite my falling by the wayside - the Carlsons guys are excellent
    No natural ability, no skills, no conditioning, no hope...no quitting

Fabrizio - Monstro teaches his first class at Diesel on 20th Jan....

Sorry to Hijack but does anyone know what times and where the exact location of elite is ? Im moving to Clapham this week and i know its in Elephant and Castle so just down the Road

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Hayes View Post
    Malcontent-

Come to Carlson's this wednesday at 6.30pm for Ryan Robinson's MMA class,
    followed by the No Gi BJJ class at 7.30 taught by a BJJ Black Belt (me,wilson
    or dickie).

You can try both classes for free.

We do 2 Muay Thai/Striking for MMA classes on Monday,Tuesday,Thursday,Friday as well as our BJJ Schedule.

You're in Wandsworth? Well we are on the Barnes side of hammersmith Bridge-so you could get a train from Wandsworth town to Barnes,
    or drive and park for free right outside the gym.
    Or cycle there in 15 minutes.

www.carlsongracieteam.org.uk

p.s. Class fee's are 8 per class,or for a double class it's 10.

NO DIRECT DEBITS,NO CONTRACTS,NO BOLLOCKS.
    Much obliged Simon, but I've had to delay my entrance to the world off MMA/BJJ due to some health issues. Nothing major, although I won't be able to train until the end of febuary, at least that's what I've been told.

Really appreciate you taking the time to let me know though. See you in feb
    Last edited by Malcontent; 12-01-2009 at 10:15 PM.

Diesel Gym website has announced its has Leo Negao is there now and not Monstro!