Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Creatine on a cut

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yetiman View Post
    How is it a waste of time out of interest? - You could carb cycle that may be better, but if you want to loose weight quick then what I posted worked wonders and I did not suffer any energy depletion so to speak (after the first few days) - there are many different diets and some people take to different diets better than others. For my self and others that have done/do this diet it seems to work fine.
    Energy derived for mma/ grappling/ thai etc training will largely be supplied by muscle glycogen, cutting carbs WILL deplete glycogen stores when combined with any sort of mma training and performance and training WILL be impaired.

    Gluconeogenesis will not be sufficient to maintain glycogen at levels required to sustain mma training.

    On a side note the diet you posted will result in ketoacidosis, this is vital during carb depletion/ severe energy restriction to ensure your brain can function. Your brain predominantly uses 2 energy sources, either glucose, or if not available ketone bodies.

    Also, you might want to add the fish oil capsules into your daily energy intake 36 x 1000 mg capsules = 324 kcal.

    I'm not saying your diet won't work for weigh loss, far from it, it's just not a good idea for anyone doing mma or any other aerobic/ high intensity intermittent activity.
    Looks like Olive Oyl, hits like Popeye

    www.leicestershootfighters.co.uk/

  2. #22
    Is very important around here MikeyL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Surely the depletion of glycogen will lead to fat being used for energy?

    Having fat used as energy will result in fat loss when used with training. Obviously training intensity may take a bit of a dip (part of the reason for using creatine) but when losing fat is the main goal this diet is fine.

    No one is saying that this is the optimal diet for getting the most out of your mma training, but its good for fat loss
    The views I express on this forum are my own and are no way associated with any organisation I work with.

    http://www.mmaunltd.com/

    http://www.mmahitpit.com/diaries/all...blogs/mikeleng

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LewisJ View Post
    Energy derived for mma/ grappling/ thai etc training will largely be supplied by muscle glycogen, cutting carbs WILL deplete glycogen stores when combined with any sort of mma training and performance and training WILL be impaired.

    Gluconeogenesis will not be sufficient to maintain glycogen at levels required to sustain mma training.

    On a side note the diet you posted will result in ketoacidosis, this is vital during carb depletion/ severe energy restriction to ensure your brain can function. Your brain predominantly uses 2 energy sources, either glucose, or if not available ketone bodies.

    Also, you might want to add the fish oil capsules into your daily energy intake 36 x 1000 mg capsules = 324 kcal.

    I'm not saying your diet won't work for weigh loss, far from it, it's just not a good idea for anyone doing mma or any other aerobic/ high intensity intermittent activity.
    I forgot to add that about the fish oils! That brings it up to the 1500kcal needed!

    Good source of information you have there mate so thank you!

    In regards to the mince, I got fed up of it quickly mate! So changed to turkey and was making things like low carb turkey satay and other things like that!

    But with things like MMA and diets like mine you really have to keep an eye on it, like what Lewis said above (great post btw!)

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyL View Post
    Surely the depletion of glycogen will lead to fat being used for energy?

    Having fat used as energy will result in fat loss when used with training. Obviously training intensity may take a bit of a dip (part of the reason for using creatine) but when losing fat is the main goal this diet is fine.

    No one is saying that this is the optimal diet for getting the most out of your mma training, but its good for fat loss
    Well fat will be burned whether you're glycogen depleted or not. And the fact that you'd not be able to sustain the intensity or length of your training sessions will more than likely offset the increase in fat oxidation.

    You will lose weight on the diet, because of the diet, some will be loss of glycogen and associated water, some will be a reduction in blood volume, but a good amount will be a loss of fat, provided you kepp the diet up for a while.

    If you're a fighter I'd advice against it (depending on which phase of training you're in), if you not and performance isn't an issue then it will work. Adding carbs in before training sessions and using caffeine might help you maintain training better. Creatine will not have too much of an effect for this.
    Looks like Olive Oyl, hits like Popeye

    www.leicestershootfighters.co.uk/

  5. #25
    Is very important around here MikeyL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    No mate im not a fighter.

    Apon a bit more research and asking some people I have decided against it as it is monohydrate, will probs give that diet a go though.

    Cheers for the help guys
    The views I express on this forum are my own and are no way associated with any organisation I work with.

    http://www.mmaunltd.com/

    http://www.mmahitpit.com/diaries/all...blogs/mikeleng

  6. #26

    Default

    Ill be going back on the diet tomorrow as well. Going to pre pair all my food tonight, want to drop back down to 18 stone 7 before the end of the year.

  7. #27
    HEED MY WORDS KidKimura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Milk n Beans
    Posts
    1,548

    Default

    With regards to the original question, I see it like this

    Creatine = heavier weights = more muscle = more caloiries burned
    My website now has a new domain, check it out - www.modernviolentgentlemen.com

  8. #28

    Default

    I know this wasnt posted for me but was just what I was looking for, so thanks. I train MMA 2 to 4 times a week, (depending on the wifes mood), do weights and run, and float around 200lbs (Im 6.2) I havnt fought yet, but Im finding it harder to resist as time goes by. Cant decide whether to bulk up to 205lbs or loose body fat and see what 185lbs feels like. I think Im gonna try to get down to 185.

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyL View Post
    Apon a bit more research and asking some people I have decided against it as it is monohydrate
    What's wrong with monohydrate?
    Looks like Olive Oyl, hits like Popeye

    www.leicestershootfighters.co.uk/

  10. #30
    Is very important around here MikeyL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    just will make me look bloated.

    Might try it and see if it affects me, if not will continue using it
    The views I express on this forum are my own and are no way associated with any organisation I work with.

    http://www.mmaunltd.com/

    http://www.mmahitpit.com/diaries/all...blogs/mikeleng

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This website uses cookies to enhance user experience. They can be disabled at any time. Please see our FAQ's for details.