Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol open BJJ Feb 28th/March 1st 2009

Thank you very much for your answers - most helpful.

Now can you put me and 20 Carlson guys up for the saturday night and take us out on the piss/show us the town/introduce us to some saucy women aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by FlameBoy View Post

Now can you put me and 20 Carlson guys up for the saturday night and take us out on the piss/show us the town/introduce us to some saucy women aswell?
    I'm trying to sort out a cheap / discounted hotel but they are doing my head in a little. Not sure how much room there is in Pedro's spare bedroom!

There will be beers either Saturday or Sunday night, or probably both I'm trying to get a full pass from the mrs as I have new baby and I live on the nicer side of the severn estuary so need to either stay over in Brizzle or travel back. If I get details on hotels on piss up I'll post. Gareth may have more details on alcohol consumption in Bristol, I haven't been out in Bristol since Lakota closed!!

The cats for the open are as follows:

Saturday 28th Feb
    White Adult cats
    Blue adult cats
    white masters / seniors
    blue masters / seniors
    Purple open weight
    Brown open weight

Sunday March 1st
    White open weight
    Blue Open Weight
    Purple cats
    Brown cats
    Black open or black super fights

juvenile are subject to entrants.

Hotel details

Hotels in area:
    Novotel Temple meads
    http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-...re/index.shtml

Premier Inn
    http://www.premierinn.com/pti/hotelI...CMP=KNC-Google

also lts of B&B's near BS5 just google

a suggestion from the very helpfull Gareth is rent appartments for the weeknd. If there are a few of you coming to Bristol would work out cheaper. There is a company called Citywide appartments but I can't find the site! Other than that there is

http://www.alderman-apartments.co.uk/

If I get further info I'll post

Quote Originally Posted by FlameBoy View Post

Saucy women I can't help with but if a booze up is on the cards I can recommend a venue or 2 and get you on the traditional west country tipple of cider? Are you looking for a Saturday night booze up or Sunday after the absolutes?
    Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
    Saucy women I can't help with but if a booze up is on the cards I can recommend a venue or 2 and get you on the traditional west country tipple of cider? Are you looking for a Saturday night booze up or Sunday after the absolutes?
    There be some saucy women around St Pauls mate suerly!! not that clean though

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
    well I was gonna do weight on saturday and then get pissed up - now its all up in the air - not sure!

I dont want to throw a spanner in your works here, but there have been some suggestions as the running order, and things seem to have changed abit. But is it really for the better?

People are still having to come up for both days and also some peoples Absolutes are the day before their weight cats - hows that?

I know you cant make everyone happy - but there seems to have been a change but not real benifit to any of the competitors with relation to the times of the competition.

Is this new timetable final?

I would like to request that the belts have their weight catagorys and absolutes on the same day.

In these hard financial times(with me only working a part time job), many people have said they simpily cant make both dates, and i fall into this catagory, I dont have the cash for a hotel so i can only do one day. Which is a major gutter as i wanted to do both.

Will the people who can only make one day yet want to do both catagorys back me up here lol.

Guys I understand your concerns. This is the running order that Creely and I had off Pedro before he went to lisbon. I won't see him until next week possibly the start of the following now.

I'll have a chat to Greg and Pedro but in all honestly can't see things changing that much.

The most hated Gaijin of all

Not to be a pain in the a*se but have to agree with all the above