Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bristol open BJJ Feb 28th/March 1st 2009

Only just noticed the purple weight cats are on Sunday, bit of a bummer as I can't make it up that day.
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Only just noticed the purple weight cats are on Sunday, bit of a bummer as I can't make it up that day.
    shame that mate, could do absolute on Sat? Sunday should be good too,got some black belt super fights lined up. You seen the Europeans line up too. Braulio got a bye if Telles wins his first it be Braulio v Telles in next round. Pedro needs to win his first and would get Kron Gracie in the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by wagon View Post
    shame that mate, could do absolute on Sat? Sunday should be good too,got some black belt super fights lined up. You seen the Europeans line up too. Braulio got a bye if Telles wins his first it be Braulio v Telles in next round. Pedro needs to win his first and would get Kron Gracie in the second round.
    Yeah, I will probably do the absolute mate

Tough fight for Pedro, especially as he has to fight once before and Kron will be fresh.

I reckon Braulio will take the gold... think he has already beaten Telles previously?
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Yeah, I will probably do the absolute mate

Tough fight for Pedro, especially as he has to fight once before and Kron will be fresh.

I reckon Braulio will take the gold... think he has already beaten Telles previously?
    Should be a good fight that. Tough for Pedro but hopefully he'll do well.

we are very pleased to announce that Eduardo Telles will be fighting at the upcoming Bristol open. Telles will be flying back to Brazil after competing in the Europeans this weekend to compete in the ADCC tornament then back to the UK to compete in the Bristol open.

Forms are now up on the website

http://bristolopenbjj.org/
    Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.

tshirts will be given to each fighter and a limited number available for sale to the public.
    Attached Images Attached Images

a few people from Carlsons and Barra have asked about Juvenile division and if they could also fight in adults. This may be difficult as there is a possibility both divisions coiuld be fighting the same time. Any futher info just give me a shout

cheers

Following a few concerns regarding hotels and costs of staying over in this challenging economic climate Pedro has been trying to come up with a cheap option for competitors to stay over for the open. I'm pleased to tell you that the guys at Bristol City Academy (where the event is being held) have agreed to let fighters crash at the venue. This will be a sleeping bag job and we are hoping it won't cost a penny (we are waiting to here if security costs will need to be covered).

If you are intrested please pm me details or email the contacts on the Bristol open website.

Guys and Girls black belt who have confirmed they are fighting and some we need final conformation from are listed below. Looking good!!! Top 3 100% others just waiting on conformation.

Eduardo Telles
    Leopoldo Pires
    Neto

Gustavo Siri
    Nicolas Gregoriades
    Tiago monstro Borges
    Yan Cabral
    Pedro Bessa (If uneven numbers)

There are a few others in the pipeline and hopefully we'll have full 100% conformation from all early next week.

I'm so excited a small bit of piss just leaked out!!