Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhibition fights.

Default Exhibition fights.

Just wondered what peoples views were on exhibition fights? Ive been asked to take part in a kickboxing one soon. Theres no knock outs etc its just basically got to be sparring but abit heavier and controlled.

They usually get quite a good crowd come down to support the event as its a charity fundraiser. So im thinking it could be a laugh and a nice warm up before i do a full rules kickboxing fight.

Views?
    Looking for debut mma fight. And Muay thai and kickboxing fights. 6ft1 93kg.

Xbox Gamer Tag : Ameteur Weasel

http://www.evolutionfightwear.co.uk
    http://teamryu.webeden.co.uk/

Banned

Sounds good

I've never done an exhibition fight, but sometimes the crowd want to see more of a punch up that what both fighters thought would be an exhibition of techniques and skills.

Also, depending on who you fight. You'll always get someone who just wants to brawl and smash people up. Sometimes the word "exhibition" is an excuse not to have any insurace.

As long as you and the person you're fighting are both on the same wavelenght, it should be some good experience for you.

Good luck with it. As it's probably for a good cause being a charity event.

cheers for the reply. I went ahead with it in the end and won my fight.. Was a really good laugh and night.

They were doing judges scores,intro music etc and had all the ring girls etc... was well run. and good experience for alot of the guys there.
    Looking for debut mma fight. And Muay thai and kickboxing fights. 6ft1 93kg.

Xbox Gamer Tag : Ameteur Weasel

http://www.evolutionfightwear.co.uk
    http://teamryu.webeden.co.uk/

Is Kinda a big
    thing around here
    Pro Fighter

Didnt realise you could WIN an exibition? That sounds ridiculous, I had to do one on the last Quannum show with my Bro due to 2 last minute pullouts as a time filler (and an excuse to give him a kicking!!) but saying you won is like saying you won in sparring its bollox imo. Just get yourself a real fight.

D
    Last edited by David Butlin; 04-02-2009 at 12:26 AM.
    A team is where a boy can prove his courage on his own. A gang is where a coward goes to hide.

'As I walk through the valley of death I fear no evil
    coz im the meanest motherfucker in the valley'

'Girls already have one pussy they dont need another!'

boxingbrit

lol @ winning in an exhibition, sparring or on the pads

I was at a show and they had an exhbition fight between these two rough looking lads. One of them was full of tattoos and had a kinda shaved head.

The MC seemed to egg them on and then they were hitting each other and they got carried away and double legged the referee.

I hope they got DQ for that, it was a bit out of order i thought

boxingbrit

The ref deserved it!!!

Is Kinda a big
    thing around here
    Pro Fighter

The Ref was just some nobody I think. Cant remember his name. Not famous like the thuggish looking two. Which one WON??

D
    Last edited by David Butlin; 04-02-2009 at 12:26 AM.
    A team is where a boy can prove his courage on his own. A gang is where a coward goes to hide.

'As I walk through the valley of death I fear no evil
    coz im the meanest motherfucker in the valley'

'Girls already have one pussy they dont need another!'

boxingbrit

Their was NO winner