Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Smashing Machine

Quote Originally Posted by rocop View Post
    no theres about another ten - fifteen minutes and a proper ending, if you can get hold of the dvd theres a 30 min rickson gracie doc which is well worth watching in the extras section.
    The bonus docu is Renzo isn't it?
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Le_Divin_Marquis View Post
    My favourite doc remains rites of passage, on dailymotion as well, harder to find I dont know why.

1997 to 2002: most fascinating period of mma history, it's when modern mma was emerging as a style in itself, but still evolving fast, and it was underground and confidential, with a different mystique. The years of Frank Shamrock, Tito Ortiz, Enson Inoue, Igor Vovchanchyn, Mark Kerr, Guy Metzger, Mark Coleman...
    Frank Shamrock is still the man in my eyes, his immense skill really showed other people what could be acheived.

boxingbrit

I agree with Detox Guru, Frank was an inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    The bonus docu is Renzo isn't it?
    Yea my bad think its called 'Growing up gracie' well worth watching!

Well, am I the only one who has seen this but when I had my VHS copy of UFc1, I had about 15 mins at the end of it which showed the Gracie camp and had grainy footage of MMA from Brazil before the UFC was established.
    Not trying to "mine is better than yours" but I'm sure it was a short documentary.
    "Awww, so you lost darling - but it's the taking part that counts" My Mum... thanks for nothing Mum.