Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: High Blood Pressure. Cures through training???

before one of my fights i had to see the doctor. this was about 3 hours befor the fight.
    He took my blood pressure and said "mmm its a little bit high" and then went on to explain that it maybe a nervuse reaction to seeing him, he called it "white coat syndrome". i like to think it was "fear of getting the shit kicked out of me syndrome"

not totally thread related so apologies

Dont be scared Homie Plastikman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DetoxGuru.com View Post
    all the indiand i know are pretty damn healthy mainly due to the massive amount of tumeric they eat which is awesome stuff ( sorry for any racial stereotyping there )
    The staple fat used for indian cooking is ghee, rather then lard or veg oil, which studies have shown can reduce cholesterol.

^^ cool a fat that reduces cholesterol gotta get me some of that shit.

settings/edit profile Jimmy Boogaloo's Avatar

ghee? no way, i thought that was like, condensed butter, if you know what i mean, with a double-high fat content.
    'I'm not saying I couldn't find a few minutes a day to read a forum, but somehow I've managed to make it through these past few years without being called a faggot on a daily basis.'

Quote Originally Posted by DetoxGuru.com View Post
    ^^ cool a fat that reduces cholesterol gotta get me some of that shit.
    We've know Olive oil reduces cholesterol for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Boogaloo View Post
    ghee? no way, i thought that was like, condensed butter, if you know what i mean, with a double-high fat content.
    Its clarified butter, rather then condensed. Basically just butter with all the milk solids removed.

Must've been a pretty bad reading. I was told recently by a guy I trained with (who is a doctor) that he take sthe most notice of the diastolic pressure (the 2nd number in a BP reading) rather than the systolic (the first number) as that is a more accurate measure of BP since the systolic can easily be affected by the cuff causing pain etc.
    ''Fren let me tell you, purple must smash people. SMASH THEM...that is hequirement for purple. Purple belt dangerus man, if purple belt cannot smash he not real purple'' - CREONTE
    Follow me on Twitter

As someone who was about to be medicted for Hypertension and then started training do the following.

SEE A DOCTOR FIRST.
    Then.
    Longer, slow warm ups.

Train high impact at as low a tempo as you can to begin with, then as your body adjusts and your cardio builds you can up the tempo, for me this took a fair few months (weight issues mainly).
    Check you diet...high O3 and fish are the rule of the day.

Now I have the BP of a Thirty year old (at 44) and train six+ days a week.

The main thing is be the tortoise not the hare

sure i read on here someone saying about chokes+high blood pressure= badness

like everyone else has said, check with a doctor, tell him exactly what is involved and go from there...
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Marc Goddard has basically hit the nail on the head. Someone mentioned white coat syndrome also, this and other factors may cause discrepancies in the results. Therefore healthcare professionals prefer to take 3 readings over a short span of time to get a clearer more substantial reading. Diastolic (pressure at rest) tends to be the one that is more noted.