I have the following in my garage:
1. Cage (with pullup bar and dip attachments)
3. Olympic BB and plates
5. Heavy bag
6. Cross trainer (with hindsight, a rower/Versaclimber would be better)
7. Ab wheel
8. Foam roller
9. Skipping rope
10. Gymboss timer
11. Swiss ball
12. Medicine ball
13. Standard BB and plates
14. Tractor tyre and sledgehammer
15. Weighted vest
I use 1-10 the most. With only a few things (cage, Oly weights, skipping rope) you can perform a variety of workouts.
If looking at cages, consider your height with your arms extended incase you want to do any overhead work - I didn't so have to do it outside the cage.
your garage is awesome
In my gym we have:
1. 7 Olympic bars plus bumper plates (250+ kg)
2. Kettlebells (4kg - 40 several pairs of)
3. Olympic Squat rack + squat stands
4. Pull-up Cage
5. TRX suspension system
6. Heavy bag (pads etc also)
7. Heavy matting area (for dumping weights)
8. Rower & 2 Treadmills
9. Plyo boxes
10. Fight timer and several gym bosses
11. med balls / swiss balls /foam rolls & tp system
We also have a weighted vests / sledges etc and a tyre for outdoor training. Anyone ever in the Epping area please pop down and check us out
Last edited by BrettS; 28-03-2009 at 12:49 PM. Reason: missed stuff out!
how much would it cost to have floor mats in an average size garage (guestimate)
surely gotta have some dumbells and bag, but i agree with rest and mats, im getting really p155ed off with commercial gyms at min bannantynes, fitness first, oasis ect thinking of home gym.
Also see http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/vi...hp?f=9&t=17520 for ideas.
This thread has inspired me to sort my garage out.
Thanks guys lol.
Last edited by Bateman; 03-08-2009 at 10:13 AM.