Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leeds Cage 'Testing Ground 2'

GOOOOOO..... HIGOOOOOOO
    Be The Person You Choose to BE!

The event was awesome, everyone was getting well into it! hell first time I've heard a chant for the actual event haha.

Good work Higo.INC .

Brilliant night! A very big thanks to John and Lisa for making me feel welcome , thanks too to the fighters and the crowd that got behind me, loved the song lol! I very much appreciate the chance John took letting me ref, I loved it. Thank you to Marc Goddard for all the advice, hope I lived up to his standards.
    Best wishes to Liam and hope he makes full recovery. Well done to all the fighters, everyone did well. I loved the little kids though!
    www.prideandglory.biz

The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit softly -- Theodore Roosevelt

A fantastic night, really enjoyed it!
    Big Thanks to John and Lisa for all of their support, the Like 2 Fight stand will definitely be making the journey again for future events (will upload our pics from the night shortly).

Thanks to everyone who attended 'Testing Ground 2' at Leeds cage, it was good to put faces to the many people who usually are on the other end of a phone. I think people now see where we are going with this novice style fight night and can see what we are trying to acheive, thanks to everyone the officials the fighters the coaches and the supporters.
    I will post the results shortly had a very hectic last few days, we have now done the final filming with the BBC, who were once again in attendance, looking at grass roots martial arts.
    The next show will be on the 6th of June, if you are interested in watching or competing get your details in now, many thanks.

Fight Card Results
    Wins in RED
    Kickboxing Juniors
    Team Assassin Lewis Higo vs Sonny O'Neil UMA
    Farsley Budokan Sam Austin vs Jim Henry O'Neil
    Team Assassin Jack Tiernan Vs Rhys Lane Capper York MA
    Team Assassin Ben Collins vs Jamie Kirby York MA

Senior Kickboxing
    LCMA John Ward vs Stuart Smith Leeds FS
    Team Assassin Paul Gorgas vs Shane Wright UMA
    LCMA Dale Crossley vs Jack Brown Leeds FS - NO SHOW!

MMA
    Team Assassin Faisal Nathani vs Jimmy Byron LCMA
    True Spirit Steven Cross vs Aaron Furness UMA
    LCMA Liam Ridley vs Wes Lucas Richmond MA
    Farsley Budokan John Merritt vs Tien Pham True Spirit
    True Spirit Wayne Whitham vs Josh Harrup LCMA
    Farsley Budokan Nathan Brown vs Gary Endersby York MA
    Team Assassin Michael Shippin vs Mark Ellis True Spirit

Very well done to everyone .... a very good night.

Some rematches are already arranged for the next Testing Ground on June 6th.

If anyone would like to be on the next card, please get in touch.

We are thinking of having a 3 man team event at the next event. each team member will do 1 x 5min round. 3 different weight cats. probably -70kg ... -80kg(or -85kg) .... and -90kg (or -100kg)

Let me have your thoughts guys..... or names!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Brilliant night! A very big thanks to John and Lisa for making me feel welcome , thanks too to the fighters and the crowd that got behind me, loved the song lol! I very much appreciate the chance John took letting me ref, I loved it. Thank you to Marc Goddard for all the advice, hope I lived up to his standards.
    Best wishes to Liam and hope he makes full recovery. Well done to all the fighters, everyone did well. I loved the little kids though!
    You did a Great Job

Liam is fully recovered and the rematch is on that will be one to watch for sure.

The little kids were fantastic, even if one of them was my son , very good standard for 7 year olds .

Hope your free for a return job on June 6th mate.

Thanks
    Lisa Higo

I would like to thank john and lisa for the opportunity to fight and would especially like to thank neil,chris and lee for getting me ready and guiding me through my fight!!! Team Assassin are going places and would advise anyone to go and be part of thier family!!! Last but not least I would like to thank nathan for stepping in at last minute and giving me a 3 round war!!!!! True Warrior!!!!

Cant Wait For Testing Ground III

Strength And Honour