Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Most important people to your BJJ?

Melvin Manhoef
    Anderson Silva]
    Andy Souwer
    Joeri Mes
    and..............................Lol...
    Team: ROUGH HOUSE (bushido-mma.co.uk/mikesgym.nl)

Ultimate Gladiators 2:- The Truth. Coming soon

Sponsors:-www.semtex.tv www.maximuscle.com/paul www.ultimate-gladiators.com

Managed by:- Wad Alameddine
    Mob:+44 (0)7939 100 750
    Email: wad@fight-management.com

1. The Chicken from Family Guy - He really taught me about determination and not quitting when you're behind on points, just keep moving your hips out and try to improve your position.

2. Jake the Snake Roberts - He taught me that innovation is the key and to be a truely good grappler you must come up with your own moves. The DDT was some of his finest work. Not to mention he helped me when trying to squeeze that last extra bit out of my body via supplementation.

3. Chris Benoit - Chris taught me some of the finer details on finishing. His mentality of "cranking" it on really showed me that unless you're really prepared to finish your submissions on your opponents, your game will never be tight enough.

4. Rocco Siffredi - Rocco taught me that the choke part of the game is the most vital. Opponents can have varying flexibilty in different joints and tendons, so cutting off an opponents air/blood supply is the way forward.

5. Zangief from Streetfighter - As one of Fedor Emelianenkos Ancesters, I think he really pioneered the incorporation of takedowns and judo throws into my game. He also taught me one of my "money" moves, 'Spinning Pile Driver' 360 motion on d-pad+p (close to opponent).

I've only got it to three.

Karl Tanswell, my coach for the last 6 1/2 years.

Matt Thornton, his coach and the guy who pretty much developed the way we train in SBG.

Gunnar Nelson, 21 year old BJJ prodigy - the few months we spent together gave me a totally new outlook on jiu-jitsu.

Quote Originally Posted by Hywel Teague View Post
    Gunnar Nelson, 21 year old BJJ prodigy - the few months we spent together gave me a totally new outlook on jiu-jitsu.
    He's only 21??!!! Shit. I've heard people - who've seen a lot of people - call him the best they've ever seen.
    www.kaobon.com home of TEAM KAOBON MMA/MUAYTHAI

Gav Boardman: Great coach with amazing ability to break things down so even i can understand them and best grappler ive ever trained with.

Kam Atakuru: Frightening.

Rob Sinclair: Very underrated submission game, taps me when he feels like it.
    www.manchester-mma.com

Does it for us **flex** piratebrido's Avatar

Paul McVeigh made me the man I am today.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterboy View Post
    He's only 21??!!! Shit. I've heard people - who've seen a lot of people - call him the best they've ever seen.
    Travelling the world training Jiu Jitsu and living with Renzo is what I've heard about him.

Chris Rees

Quote Originally Posted by piratebrido View Post
    Paul McVeigh made me the man I am today.
    via anal rape???

Quote Originally Posted by Waterboy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SDR View Post
    Travelling the world training Jiu Jitsu and living with Renzo is what I've heard about him.
    Both are correct. The guy is a legit phenom.

Did you know he beat Macaco in a no-gi match late last year? Macaco didn't even score a point on him, and Gunni only decided to enter the tourney on a whim cos some of the other guys from Renzo's went down.