Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Most important people to your BJJ?

Does it for us **flex** piratebrido's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheJuice View Post
    via anal rape???
    Paul says rape is such a negative word. He likes us to use the term surprise sex.

Slightly Sleazy

1. Levo, legend. The man has brought my game on more in the last 6 months than the previous few years training have done. Great focus on basics plus the fancy stuff when anyone new is watching. Game plans and coaching really make him/his students a cut above the rest.

2. Ben Poppleton, amazing bjj practitioner and great attitude "Grab his fucking arm and pull". Made my gi chokes what they are today. Wish I had more time to spend with him.

3. Mick Dean, one of my original training partners who's knee on face takes some getting used to.

4. Ryan Hall, ryangle need we say more?

5. Marcelo Garcia, arm drags and chokes with no hooks

steve_langford

Martin Cope
    Kerry Cope
    Rob Stevens
    Victor Estima
    John Ashley

At this early stage:

Lee Doski
    Nathan Leverton
    James Jelly
    Matt Thornton
    Eddie Bravo
    ''Fren let me tell you, purple must smash people. SMASH THEM...that is hequirement for purple. Purple belt dangerus man, if purple belt cannot smash he not real purple'' - CREONTE
    Follow me on Twitter

Any body I can learn a good leg lock from.....
    This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
    FTW

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

heath gait (taught me from scratch, and instilled into me the importance of workrate)
    ross ianocarro. (i am still in awe of him. perfect e.g. of size dont matter)
    simon horner & Paul Davies (my 1st real training partners who constantly smashed me for 2 & half years)
    Dave coles (gave me my 1st taste of compition and is my current BJJ coach. very dedicated individual)
    last but not least-
    Darrel James (been my training partner for years now. we bounce off each other, work each others ass off, and constantly learn off each other)

and the Duchman who inspires me to train hard, to fight with 100% heart, to be humble, to continue to learn, be a loving father and husband, and treat others as i expect to be treated.
    Duchman is cool
    Last edited by shakus maximus; 06-02-2009 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shakus maximus View Post
    heath gait (taught me from scratch, and instilled into me the importance of workrate)
    ross ianocarro. (i am still in awe of him. perfect e.g. of size dont matter)
    simon horner & Paul Davies (my 1st real training partners who constantly smashed me for 2 & half years)
    Dave coles (gave me my 1st taste of compition and is my current BJJ coach. very dedicated individual)
    last but not least-
    Darrel James (been my training partner for years now. we bounce off each other, work each others ass off, and constantly learn off each other)
    what about me?!?!?
    Insert whiny message

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

what about me?!?!?
    you cant have read the post properly

Quote Originally Posted by Waterboy View Post
    He's only 21??!!! Shit. I've heard people - who've seen a lot of people - call him the best they've ever seen.
    Gunnar is actually only 20. He's born July 28th 1988.
    And btw he just took the gold at his division (brown belt) at the PAN JIU-JITSU CHAMPIONSHIP 2009 beating five opponents thereof Clark Gracie in the first round, and choking out Daren Roberts in the semi-finals and Bruno Alves in the finals. Here are his matches:

1st match (Gunnar Nelson vs Clark Gracie)

2nd match

3rd match

4th match - Semi-finals (Gunnar Nelson vs Daren Roberts)

5th match - Finals (Gunnar Nelson vs Bruno Alves)

awesome matches!

concrats to him
    Insert whiny message