1. Levo, legend. The man has brought my game on more in the last 6 months than the previous few years training have done. Great focus on basics plus the fancy stuff when anyone new is watching. Game plans and coaching really make him/his students a cut above the rest.
2. Ben Poppleton, amazing bjj practitioner and great attitude "Grab his fucking arm and pull". Made my gi chokes what they are today. Wish I had more time to spend with him.
3. Mick Dean, one of my original training partners who's knee on face takes some getting used to.
4. Ryan Hall, ryangle need we say more?
5. Marcelo Garcia, arm drags and chokes with no hooks
At this early stage:
''Fren let me tell you, purple must smash people. SMASH THEM...that is hequirement for purple. Purple belt dangerus man, if purple belt cannot smash he not real purple'' - CREONTE
Follow me on Twitter
Any body I can learn a good leg lock from.....
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
heath gait (taught me from scratch, and instilled into me the importance of workrate)
ross ianocarro. (i am still in awe of him. perfect e.g. of size dont matter)
simon horner & Paul Davies (my 1st real training partners who constantly smashed me for 2 & half years)
Dave coles (gave me my 1st taste of compition and is my current BJJ coach. very dedicated individual)
last but not least-
Darrel James (been my training partner for years now. we bounce off each other, work each others ass off, and constantly learn off each other)
and the Duchman who inspires me to train hard, to fight with 100% heart, to be humble, to continue to learn, be a loving father and husband, and treat others as i expect to be treated.
Duchman is cool
Last edited by shakus maximus; 06-02-2009 at 12:38 AM.
you cant have read the post properlywhat about me?!?!?
And btw he just took the gold at his division (brown belt) at the PAN JIU-JITSU CHAMPIONSHIP 2009 beating five opponents thereof Clark Gracie in the first round, and choking out Daren Roberts in the semi-finals and Bruno Alves in the finals. Here are his matches:
1st match (Gunnar Nelson vs Clark Gracie)
4th match - Semi-finals (Gunnar Nelson vs Daren Roberts)
5th match - Finals (Gunnar Nelson vs Bruno Alves)
concrats to him
Insert whiny message