Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave Riley Red Dragon MMA Huddersfield. Looks like hes after a fight!!!

Hybrid View

Is Kinda a big
    thing around here
    Pro Fighter

Default Dave Riley Red Dragon MMA Huddersfield. Looks like hes after a fight!!!

Once again ive been approached by someone who has been warned away from training at Quannum by Dave Riley from Honley. Does anyone know this guys credentials?

Hes claiming people should stay away from our gym as we take things too seriously and smash up any newcomers. Those who have trained with us know its not the case but this sort of publicity can cause longlasting damage to our reputation. This is the fifth lad over I have heard the exact same thing from.

I would invite anyone who is unsure to com and watch our training sessions if they arent happy and its not for them then so be it. Dont take the word of some unknown clown who wouldnt know MMA if it kicked his arse.

I am prepared to fight this guy on any pro show as I feel hes taking food from my kids table and his bullshit is harming not only our gym but the reputation of the sport in our area. Off the fuckin chain will be an understatement!! Put up or shut the fuck up.

D
    A team is where a boy can prove his courage on his own. A gang is where a coward goes to hide.

'As I walk through the valley of death I fear no evil
    coz im the meanest motherfucker in the valley'

'Girls already have one pussy they dont need another!'

I can understand your concern mate, i've had a similar problem myself before.
    www.legacyclothingco.com www.tomblackledge.com www.wolfslairmma.co.uk

steve_langford

Do you know anything about him? Is he a traditional martial arts instructor?

Maybe you do "take things too seriously"... you could try wearing big clown shoes and a funny wig to train in and see if that makes a difference.

Career highlight video
    Team Fulinkazan "The will to win compares little with the will to prepare to win"

Is Kinda a big
    thing around here
    Pro Fighter

We have more banter than training tbh thats why its only a fiver for 3 hours. Prolly 1 1/2 training same pisstaking. If your not thick skinned you might get upset. Youve not been up much since you damaged our reputation testing the shows cage with your head :-P

Ive now found out he has fought before at MMA 0-1 and has had some of his guys on our interclub through Serena. They didnt fight any of our fighters but another of his stories is that all his guys beat all our guys at an interclub. Fuckin talker!!!

D
    A team is where a boy can prove his courage on his own. A gang is where a coward goes to hide.

Fought him in my first pro fight on CW ultimate force, back in 05 i think, when i was about 63kg.
    http://www.mmauniverse.com/fighters/SS13306
    thats his only pro fight as far as i know, but i heard prior to our fight hes quite the savvy thai boxer.

had a quick chat with him after the fight, back then he was running his own club in huddersfield but thats about all i know. not really sure on his abilities in either stand up or on the ground other than comparing them to my own, just heard he was a good thai boxer. seemed like a good guy, but again, i dont really know anything about him other than fighting him.
    Sponsors
    http://www.westfightcompany.co.uk - MMA Clothing and Training Gear
    www.detoxguru.com - No.1 for Natural Supplements

Don't try and hold me responsible to falling short on your health and safety obligations... and I've been down a couple of times since, usually when there's an opportunity to get on TV or something...

Career highlight video
    Team Fulinkazan "The will to win compares little with the will to prepare to win"

Is Kinda a big
    thing around here
    Pro Fighter

Just spoke to him on the phone. Through the stutters I made out he claims not to have said anything about our gym. He cant explain how 5 people who dont know each other have said the same thing.

He is now blaming one of his students must have said it. I told him to get to the bottom of it in the next couple of days or I will bring all 5 people down. He refused to fight me saying hes not fought in 3 years so it would be unfair. When I pointed out I havent fought in 5 1/2 he says he just wants to coach.
    Fuckin pussy.

Does anyone on here know him or train at that gym?

D

I can quite honestly say that I don't know what any of you are talking about.