Thread: Newbie

Exclamation Newbie

Hi poeple,
    not sure if this is in the right section, im sure a mod will move it if needs be.

Well im 19 and i feel that i need to do something challenging. I however have no experience at all with any kind of MA, Can i start MMA without knowledge and experience of other arts?

i live in bristol, i heard that dojo does MMA, is this ok with beginners?

Thanks, Alex.

you'll be fine mate. its a style of its own now anyway. you do a mix of stand up thai/kick/western boxing, BJJ and wrestling. you dont need any previous experience, just go and do it, you'll love it mate. it may be best to buy a box and gumshield tho'.

Hi ALX,

there is indeed a great place to train in Bristol

The facebook group with all the details is here:
    http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?r...id=30801967966

but heres the blurb!

Olympians MMA is a Mixed Martial Arts Gym in bristol,
    Olympians is the traing stable for Full time Professional fighters and also provides classes for all level of fighter from the beginning.
    We offer a variety of Martial arts and personal training in our fully airconditioned Gym.
    Olympians has a 80 square metre matted floor and seperate bag room in the process of being built, we also can provide full weights and cardio training as well as Male and female showers toilets and unisex sauna.

Monday- 7pm-9pm Wrestling With 5x British champion Josh Saidi

Wednesday- 7pm-8pm Boxing for MMA With Former WBC Super middleweight Champion Glenn Catley
    8pm-9pm Clinch,Knees and Kicks with Wesley Murch

Thursday- 7.30-9.30 MMA with Paul Reed

Saturday-10am Circuit Training.

En Forma
    Bath hill rd
    Keynsham
    Bristol
    BS31 1EB

Any questions drop me a message i will try and help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by dozer View Post
    Hi ALX,

there is indeed a great place to train in Bristol

The facebook group with all the details is here:
    http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?r...id=30801967966

but heres the blurb!

Olympians MMA is a Mixed Martial Arts Gym in bristol,
    Olympians is the traing stable for Full time Professional fighters and also provides classes for all level of fighter from the beginning.
    We offer a variety of Martial arts and personal training in our fully airconditioned Gym.
    Olympians has a 80 square metre matted floor and seperate bag room in the process of being built, we also can provide full weights and cardio training as well as Male and female showers toilets and unisex sauna.

Monday- 7pm-9pm Wrestling With 5x British champion Josh Saidi

Wednesday- 7pm-8pm Boxing for MMA With Former WBC Super middleweight Champion Glenn Catley
    8pm-9pm Clinch,Knees and Kicks with Wesley Murch

Thursday- 7.30-9.30 MMA with Paul Reed

Saturday-10am Circuit Training.

En Forma
    Bath hill rd
    Keynsham
    Bristol
    BS31 1EB

Any questions drop me a message i will try and help you out.

and fighter sessions for those interested everyday. We get some very good guys in, not just mma guys but good boxers coming in to train. Top place to train.

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

get your arse down with Reedy mate

Cheers for the info guys, i will pop down to Olympians MMA sometime this month. looks really good from viewing the facebook group.

so MMA on the thursdays should be fine for me?

Tuesday and Thursday bud, but there is somthing on most of the time, join the group and say hello. Everyone is real friendly

Wez is doing a beginners sessiojn on friday which is pretty popular. Everyone else seems to go as well so as your going through some of the basics a lot of the other guys will be doing there own thing. Wrestling on a monday is Excellent with a top wrestler and boxing on wednesday is with former WBC super midleweight champ Glen The Cat Catley, great bunch of guys.