Thread: Peavey 6505 guitar head

Default Peavey 6505 guitar head

barely used.played a couple of shows with it and practised a few times. retired from rock so is sitting under my bed.

550 ono.

Pick up in leeds.

pm if interested.

Cheers !!!

Great amp but not as good as the original 5150's that first came out.I used to have one and it was a beast.
    Rock Hard, Rock Heavy, Rock Animal!

www.myspace.com/zombie1zombie
    www.bushido-mma.co.uk

FOR FUCK SAKE

i was looking for this amp for 2 years and ive finally found this with a good price

but ive gone an bought a vintage carvin XV212 that Vai used on a tour back in the 80's

im in leeds as well so could have picked up.

if your interested in a trade of some sorts please get back to me

Pro Fighter
    self-appointed boss of the forum

Peavy 5150's were awesome!

Choke... how's the Carvin? Always fancied Carvin gear as it was the stock gear for Jason Becker and Marty Friedman in the Cacophony days.

I've been considering looking at going back to a head. I currently have a Rocktron Prophesy II pre-amp in to a Marshall 8008 power amp, all racked with some other goodies...... but I have been wondering if I could just use the rack in front of a good head and ditch the 8008, which is a little 'uninspiring' in tone (it's a pure power amp, just volume)

What do you think?

i think buying a 6505 would be a good move

but in all honesty i always prefer the crunch of just an overdriven head. i used a boss eq pedal when i had a marshall just to try make it sound like a 5150.the 6505 doesnt need it though. although my seymour duncan dimebucker pickups make it all a bit too much sometimes!!

p.s sorry chokeyouout but i need the cash to run off to koh samui to get hitched. sounds like you got a quality set up anyway!!

Pro Fighter

I wouldn't even dream of ditching the Prophesy pre-amp, it's pure class and cost be 1000. Just note sure if running it though the Marshall is doing it justice. I was aiming to find a Mesa 50/50,which is how Herman Li sets up his Rocktron...... lots of questions in my head.

Good luck selling it

Red mist , the amp is good, i just dont like the fact that it has such value to it (being used by steve vai, over 20 years old e.t.c)

need something cheaper and a bit lighter haha... this thing weighs a ton

Clear tone, nice and bassy.

Red i say ditch the 8008 and just use the Rocktron and head... hate marshall gear.

And herman lees tone sucks lol you dont want to be sounding like him

i have some videos up on www.youtube.com/twooos... old but ill have some new ones up soon

Pro Fighter

I picked the marshall up cheap, which is why I am using it, but I really don't like it..... might have a look at few potential heads.

Some nice clean work on YouTube....

Is it the 6505 plus head?

cause im interested in buying

also have you got any pictures
    Last edited by walt92; 04-03-2009 at 08:50 PM.