Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I admit I was Sceptical of the BFC.

Anyway, sorry to be so negative... well done BFC and I look forward to watching what I think will be best thing in UK MMA ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Fake Rage View Post
    Total bollox. According to Wrestling Observer, UFC 91 did 250,000 people in middle of the night. UK shows beat that.

Think for a second. If Cage Gladiators was really had a good following how come they say the letter "U", "F" and "C" in the first 3mins of every single one of their crappy shows? How come they show Rampage, Bisping, Kelly, Etim more than the UFC f-ing does?

Why? Because of the handful of people who tune into that crap tune right back out - and CW in a desperate attempt to get them to stay show/mentioned UFC.
    I think what SDR is referring to is that when UFC was on delay on Bravo, it got less figures than Cage Gladiators did on ITV4. Obviously you'd expect to get more on a free channel though, and as you mention a big UFC event on Setanta live is in another league.

And speaking for Cage Gladiators - which I guess I can do in some small part - we weren't/aren't/won't-be under ANY illusion that we have a 'really good following' in anything like the same way as the UFC. However, given the platform we were, it seemed right to maximise the opportunities we had to showcase top level talent both in and out of the cage.

I hardly think our shows would be for the better without the footage of Jason, Rampage, Ricco etc. Also, we weren't trying to sell Cage Gladiators as 'the' sport in it's own right, and the UFC is ubiquitous in any discussion of MMA at the top level.

Your last sentence doesn't make any sense - did you mean CG instead of CW?

Btw it's always nice to see someone who's clearly a forum regular feel so strongly about something(s), with such courage in their convictions... that they righteously create a troll account. Brave man/woman.

On thread - not sure why this negativity has crept in - I TOO was intitially skeptical about the BFC (I'm skeptical about everything to be fair), but have to say this has been one of the most exciting days in UKMMA for some time. I'm blown away by the talent and resulting matchups in some divisions and can't wait to see the shows, live and on telly.

UKMMA - so HOT right now!
    Last edited by Waterboy; 14-02-2009 at 01:30 AM.
    www.kaobon.com home of TEAM KAOBON MMA/MUAYTHAI

Quote Originally Posted by Waterboy View Post
    I think what SDR is referring to is that when UFC was on delay on Bravo, it got less figures than Cage Gladiators did on ITV4. Obviously you'd expect to get more on a free channel though, and as you mention a big UFC event on Setanta live is in another league.

And speaking for Cage Gladiators - which I guess I can do in some small part - we weren't/aren't/won't-be under ANY illusion that we have a 'really good following' in anything like the same way as the UFC. However, given the platform we were, it seemed right to maximise the opportunities we had to showcase top level talent both in and out of the cage.

I hardly think our shows would be for the better without the footage of Jason, Rampage, Ricco etc. Also, we weren't trying to sell Cage Gladiators as sport in it's own right, and the UFC is obiquitous in any discussion of MMA at the top level.

Your last sentence doesn't make any sense - did you mean CG instead of CW?

Btw it's always nice to see someone who's clearly a forum regular feel so strongly about something(s), with such courage in their convictions... that they righteously create a troll account. Brave man/woman.

On thread - not sure why this negativity has crept in - I TOO was intitially skeptical about the BFC (I'm skeptical about everything to be fair), but have to say this has been one of the most exciting days in UKMMA for some time. I'm blown away by the talent and resulting matchups in some divisions and can't wait to see the shows, live and on telly.

UKMMA - so HOT right now!
    Facebook Status:

Tom Baxter is bored and having trouble chewing food.
    about an hour ago - Comment - Like Unlike

http://www.kaobon.com/

It can't be bargained with! It can't be reasoned with! It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

[QUOTE=Waterboy;311919]I think what SDR is referring to is that when UFC was on delay on Bravo, it got less figures than Cage Gladiators did on ITV4. Obviously you'd expect to get more on a free channel though, and as you mention a big UFC event on Setanta live is in another league.

Nope, UFC on Bravo did well, better than CG on ITV4.

How about lying to fighters about them being on TV so they agree to smaller purses? That how you "maximise opportunities" too?

I hardly think our shows would be for the better without the footage of Jason, Rampage, Ricco etc. Also, we weren't trying to sell Cage Gladiators as 'the' sport in it's own right, and the UFC is ubiquitous in any discussion of MMA at the top level.

Agreed! So you admit you show UFC fighters/mention UFC to make you show seem better than it is. That's all I was saying. Glad we cleared that up.

See above re: lying to fighters. Using a silly name on a forum hardly a crime against the sport, and you, sir, are not in a position to pass comment on any kinda proper conduct. I guess you real name is "Waterboy"?

Not taught by Wizards

[QUOTE=Ghost of Fake Rage;313029]

Nope, UFC on Bravo did well, better than CG on ITV4.

How about lying to fighters about them being on TV so they agree to smaller purses? That how you "maximise opportunities" too?

Agreed! So you admit you show UFC fighters/mention UFC to make you show seem better than it is. That's all I was saying. Glad we cleared that up.

See above re: lying to fighters. Using a silly name on a forum hardly a crime against the sport, and you, sir, are not in a position to pass comment on any kinda proper conduct. I guess you real name is "Waterboy"?
    best read in ages, lol, my new fave poster

No, my real name, along with information about me is for all to see should you click on my username.

When I click on 'Ghost of Fake Rage', all that I see is N/A, which is ironically what any of your rambling, unsupported-by-any-evidence opinions are... what with you being a spineless, malicious non-entity.

No, my real name, along with information about me is for all to see should you click on my username.

When I click on 'Ghost of Fake Rage', all that I see is N/A, which is ironically what any of your rambling, unsupported-by-any-evidence opinions are... what with you being a spineless, malicious non-entity.
    "Rambling?" I thought I was pretty concise but let me boil it down further for the hard of reading:

* Cage Gladiators TV shows do not get better ratings than UFC.
    * Cage Gladiators pathetically throws out the name “UFC” or – better – shows UFC fighters to open their crappy show in a desperate attempt to convince unsuspecting viewers to continue to watch said crap. You’ve admitted as much.
    * Cage Gladiators has a rep for lying to fighters.

"malicious"? I am sitting here writing about matters of interest to MMA fans. What does it matter if I post under what name? People can agree or disagree with me.

I don’t have a spare £3000 or so to subscribed to BARB to get correct ratings for your shows or UFCs, I am just repeating what I’ve read in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. You saying that Cage Gladiators does more than 250,000 viewers, which is what UFC 91 did?

“Spineless”... hahah. What’s next, tough guy? Invite me to your gym to fight? Isn’t that the next step for braindead spackas who’ve just been owned on forums?

"Rambling?" I thought I was pretty concise but let me boil it down further for the hard of reading:

* Cage Gladiators pathetically throws out the name “UFC” or – better – shows UFC fighters to open their crappy show in a desperate attempt to convince unsuspecting viewers to continue to watch said crap. You’ve admitted as much.

"malicious"? I am sitting here writing about matters of interest to MMA fans. What does it matter if I post under what name? People can agree or disagree with me.

I don’t have a spare £3000 or so to subscribed to BARB to get correct ratings for your shows or UFCs, I am just repeating what I’ve read in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. You saying that Cage Gladiators does more than 250,000 viewers, which is what UFC 91 did?

“Spineless”... hahah. What’s next, tough guy? Invite me to your gym to fight? Isn’t that the next step for braindead spackas who’ve just been owned on forums?
    Where has anyone said that Cage Gladiators got more than 250,000 viewers, or more than a live UFC event?

Reported BARB viewing figures:

Cage Rage 25 Shamrock v Berry: 39,000 on Sky Sports 3
    Cage Gladiators first show: 80,000 on ITV4
    Cage Rage 21: 80,000 on Sky Sports 3
    UFC 84: 88,000 on Bravo
    Cage Gladiators 4th show: 97,000 on ITV4
    UFC 59: 141,000 on Bravo

Again, I've never tried to say that Cage Gladiators is more popular than UFC (lol, seriously?), merely supporting someone else's statement that, yes, one of our shows did outperform ONE OF UFC's shows. Personally I actually think that's a fairly meaningless 'fact' though, bearing in mind the difference in channel subscriptions. Viewing figures don't mean much unless you're getting over 250,000 anyway, but don't try and put words in my mouth.

We had UFC vets on our show, fighters who were just on their way to the UFC, title holders fighting in the UFC, as well as the likes of Rampage wanting to get involved, of course it was going to get mentioned. I'd honestly never given it a moment's thought until now and doubt many others have. If anyone saw the way in which we actually cobbled together the script and freewheeled 90% of it they'd laugh at the notion of there being any grand UFC-coloured viewer-fooling plan.

Lying to fighters? I don't deal with all the fighters, but I do know there's a huge roster of guys who come back time after time, many of whom exclusively. I doubt Trojan, Wolfslair etc would tolerate being lied to. There tends to be a reason why a grievance would be aired anonymously - because it has no substance.

And it matters what your name is when you start throwing round accusations. My tone is not in the least bit threatening, I'm about the least 'tough guy' person I know... but I don't hide my name and I have the courage of my convictions - something which you lack. Someone who uses the phrase 'owned on forums' really shouldn't put 'braindead spackas' in the same sentence. Glass houses, stones and all that.

Not taught by Wizards

your my hero..

I don't know much about this, when does it start and will every fight be on TV?

Sounds like a very good idea and well happy it's on bravo.