Thread: Affliction boss: Paying Arlovski $1.5mil "was a mistake"

Default Affliction boss: Paying Arlovski $1.5mil "was a mistake"

From our interview with Tom Atencio today

Fighters Only: Arlovski got $1.5 million for that fight with Fedor. That is many times more than he was paid by the UFC when he was their heavyweight champion. Why are Affliction purses so high compared to the rest of the MMA industry?

I can honestly say that’s a mistake we made in the beginning and it will never repeat itself. I like to pride myself on, if I make a mistake once I wont make it twice and if I do make it twice then I absolutely make sure it doesn’t happen a third time.
    rest at:
    http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.u...le.php?id=1882

if I make a mistake once I wont make it twice and if I do make it twice then I absolutely make sure it doesn’t happen a third time
    lol... and if it does happen a third time then it definitely won't happen a fourth time!

Career highlight video
    Team Fulinkazan "The will to win compares little with the will to prepare to win"

Afflicition gonna do more events then ?
    "tonight we dine in hell....or dominoes"

TEAM BADGERS PRISON

Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePunch View Post
    Afflicition gonna do more events then ?
    Yep, when Affliction spoke to Fighters Only they said:

“Whats happening right now is I’m sitting down with my partners and we’re going to work out [our next show],” he said. “We’re looking at three or four months, but right now we don’t have a date set.”

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.u...=1861&offset=0

awesome, good news
    "tonight we dine in hell....or dominoes"

TEAM BADGERS PRISON

I think it would be ghey if they have to pick dates around Fedor, isn't he doing Sambo atm or have I misread?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Evans View Post
    I think it would be ghey if they have to pick dates around Fedor, isn't he doing Sambo atm or have I misread?
    How dare you. If Fedor wants them to plan their shows around him then I think they should plan their shows around him.

Career highlight video
    Team Fulinkazan "The will to win compares little with the will to prepare to win"

Haha, might aswell rename the company Fedor Fighting Federation or FX3 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Evans View Post
    Haha, might aswell rename the company Fedor Fighting Federation or FX3 lol
    Haha according to Dana White Fedor said to the UFC that if he was to sign for them then they'd have to build him his own stadium in Russia for them to hold an event in!

http://www.mmaplayground.com/forums/...x?ID=29991&P=1