Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC 99 - Wanderlei Silva Vs Rich Franklin

Default UFC 99 - Wanderlei Silva Vs Rich Franklin

The Ultimate Fighting Championship is set to make its German debut on June 13 at the Lanxess Arena in Cologne. While several fights have been rumored for the event over the past couple of months, most have not come to fruition.

MMAWeekly.com on Wednesday, however, was able to confirm through multiple independent sources that former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin and former Pride 205-pound champion Wanderlei Silva have agreed to fight each other at UFC 99.

Franklin has fought his last two bouts at light heavyweight, returning to the division after running into a brick wall named Anderson Silva at middleweight. Even though Wanderlei Silva's fights in the UFC have all been at 205-pounds to this point, he has made public his intention of wanting to move down to the 185-pound division.

"I talk with (UFC matchmaker) Joe Silva and... say no problem, I'm down for 185? He say, no problem," Silva said in a recent interview with MMAWeekly.com, but adding, "I could fight in both divisions; I could fight 185 and 205."

It appears that he may not fight at either weight come June 13. Though it is too soon for bout agreements, sources have indicated that Franklin and Silva have agreed to face each other at a catch weight somewhere in the neighborhood of 195 pounds.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...8204&zoneid=13

Crazy!

Couture vs Nog/ Cro Cop is also likely

Wow. Who did Rich piss off?

but wanderlei already beat Franklin

at arm wrestling that is

Fairplay... I remember a few years back when people were saying Rich avoided top names...

Last few years he has had Dan Henderson, Anderson Silva x 2, Wanderlai Silva, Lutter, Hamill, Okami, Louiseo, Mcdonald... 24-4 is a damned good record when you have only ever lost against Machida & Anderson (I don't count Hendo... he won that)
    "When you're not training; somebody else is training to kick your ass."
    Part of Team Savage. Trained by Alex 'The Boy' Owen:
    http://www.teamsavage.co.uk/

agreed im shocked they havent put him in the 100th show.....thought he was their poster boy at 1 stage. He is good fighter always entertains needs rematch with Hendo
    "tonight we dine in hell....or dominoes"

TEAM BADGERS PRISON

If Rich can KO Wand, this is proof Wands chin really is getting much much worse....

I hope Wand can pull it out the bag
    And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Wand will be a monster at 185.

I doubt it will be at a catch weight. The UFC don't do that shit. Mind you if it does not have to sanctioned by NSAC then who knows. But I doubt it as both are more than capable of making 185

Sounds like this event will be well worth the trip to Germany.

Got to love old Wandy!!!!!!!!!

oh man this is one of them fights i hate to watch and the bj florian one aswell as they are some of my favorite fighters!!!!!!!!1

the penn florian one i like em both same with wandy franklin so i hope they both are draws
    Student of the Art