Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First time car insurance

Default First time car insurance

Just passed my test and getting quotes for Insurance on a car i could be buying. I'm 19 and the Cheapest so far is 1982 Third party from Churchill. Anybody know where i could get it cheaper or is that going to be the best i can get?

Thanks

swift cover are pretty cheap.

or buy a car with a smaller engine. i payed 1300 for a crx when i past my test so dunno what you trying to insure!

go on ur mum or dads insurance, it the only way to save a decent amount when ur a young lad!!
    The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

www.nextgenmma.co.uk

My mate passed his (hes) and got it for under a grand, no idea how, maybe postcode makes a big difference.......

i got mine on swiftcover with the mother as first driver
    still cost 1300 or something though

My dads had god knows how many years no claims, so going on his for my first year cost about 500, and 400 for the second year on 3rd party f&t. Only just got on my own now its my third year which is a bit more expensive than it would have been if I had gone on my own, but its what you gotta do if you wanna be able to afford it!

Quote Originally Posted by joe_sexton View Post
    Just passed my test and getting quotes for Insurance on a car i could be buying. I'm 19 and the Cheapest so far is 1982 Third party from Churchill. Anybody know where i could get it cheaper or is that going to be the best i can get?

Thanks
    How much is the car you might be getting?

also what car is it?
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    also what car is it?
    corsa with neon lights underneath and badass exhausts haha
    The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

www.nextgenmma.co.uk

If you can don't go for 3rd party f&t. Always try for fully-comp. You never know when you need it....