Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has been knocked out in training?

Default Who has been knocked out in training?

You hear the stories ie chuteboxe and people getting sparked out sparring etc.
    Do many people train that full on? If you do, do you still take same precautions like checked by doctor and appropriate time off from heavy sparring?
    Surely it cant be good for you on a regular basis
    Its not the size of the boat.....Its the motion of the ocean.

eddie "the bully" ng has a fair few gym stoppages on his record.
    Don't hang around under bridges if your scared of being trolled!

http://www.facebook.com/jacksexton1989

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Last edited by sir douglas lurpak; 23-02-2009 at 01:27 PM.

Even when sparring "hard" I suppose fighters dont follow up with another combo if they feel like they have landed a big punch, and with additional headgear, bigger gloves and shinpads the risks are reduced.

Pat Miletitch is also a proponent of frequent full-force sparring.

It's a very tough question, if you dont want to have all you ribs busted and still be fighting in 5 years from now maybe you should learn to spar nice and easy most of the time, if you get beat up on a regular basis it is a fact that you'll get knocked out more easily in the future.

Paiying good level sparring-partners to receive the beatings is what the top boxers do, it's definitly the best idea but mma fighters dont earn enough to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Le_Divin_Marquis View Post
    Even when sparring "hard" I suppose fighters dont follow up with another combo if they feel like they have landed a big punch, and with additional headgear, bigger gloves and shinpads the risks are reduced.

Pat Miletitch is also a proponent of frequent full-force sparring.

It's a very tough question, if you dont want to have all you ribs busted and still be fighting in 5 years from now maybe you should learn to spar nice and easy most of the time, if you get beat up on a regular basis it is a fact that you'll get knocked out more easily in the future.

Paiying good level sparring-partners to receive the beatings is what the top boxers do, it's definitly the best idea but mma fighters dont earn enough to do that.
    excellent post..

i got ko'ed 54 times
    Insert whiny message

been knocked down but not knocked out

Very very nearly been KO'ed got hit with something i didnt see at all and evrything seemed to slow down as i was falling and all i was thinking was dont you dare pass out, hit the floor and just managed to not pass out.

only ever when boxing have i ever been really hurt.

I rember when i was about 15 and i got hit pretty hard , made my mouth taste like tin foil and batterys.
    being empty of yourself you cannot be attacked because you arent filled by you.