Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has been knocked out in training?

steve_langford

I got knocked out TWICE in 1 round by Rob Norton the pro boxer.....
    and I mean out! .... the cheeky f**kers paused the clock whilst I came round then carried on!
    Man, that bloke can bang!

Is Kinda a big
    thing around here
    Pro Fighter

I have knocked a few people out in sparring but not while intentionally going for it. If you box enough rounds your gonna get occasional concussive punches landed even with 16s. Im not getting into the headguard debate there has been enough on here about it before. If I see someone wobble I back off as I would expect of sparring partners.

D
    A team is where a boy can prove his courage on his own. A gang is where a coward goes to hide.

'As I walk through the valley of death I fear no evil
    coz im the meanest motherfucker in the valley'

'Girls already have one pussy they dont need another!'

Quote Originally Posted by David Butlin View Post
    I have knocked a few people out in sparring but not while intentionally going for it. If you box enough rounds your gonna get occasional concussive punches landed even with 16s. Im not getting into the headguard debate there has been enough on here about it before. If I see someone wobble I back off as I would expect of sparring partners.

D
    So do i need to bring headgear or not?
    Insert whiny message

denniston sutherland and david lee have both given me wobbly knees before, and have had to take a knee
    Luke 'El Nino' Dalmedo
    Team Crossface
    Mill Hill BJJ
    Pro Record: 2-1-0

I've been sparked before... walked into a sweet right hook, only "out" for a split second... then I was just counting lights.

only two people have hurt me really badly. one of them hit me so hard i felt like i had a hole in my face my legs buckled. the other lad just clocked me right the punch they followed up with whilst i was wobly done the damage. it made my nose bleed everyday i trained for a month.

Is Kinda a big
    thing around here
    Pro Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Duchman View Post
    So do i need to bring headgear or not?
    lololololol
    A team is where a boy can prove his courage on his own. A gang is where a coward goes to hide.

'As I walk through the valley of death I fear no evil
    coz im the meanest motherfucker in the valley'

'Girls already have one pussy they dont need another!'

my own fault, went for a single leg and caught a knee on the way in, got tko'd and put on my back for a min, not nice but a learning curve,lol
    STUART WELLS 2-2-0

ttt good thread

i knocked myself out slamming a grappling dummy... only for a split second but my ears were ringing like fuck and everything went blurry

also got hooked really back when i was boxing... was out for a couple seconds

Iv bin put down a few times but neva K.O'd.... Seen quite a few people asleep though, especially during mon/wed heavy thai sessions and someone always on one knee them days!
    We always use 16s to spar, and never head guards, and as said if you see someone hurt/wobbly just lay off abit! Unless your Terry Etim and an evil man ;-)
    TEAM KAOBON LIVERPOOL