Thread: Insurance for students in class? any thoughts?

Default Insurance for students in class? any thoughts?

I was just wondering what level of insurance MMA students look to get along with their club membership. I'm looking at a few options for my school at the moment and to be honest the level of personal injury cover seems to be fairly poor. I have asked our association for a break down of their personal injury insurance cover avalible (at extra expense to me) in addition to member to member liability and I was told I'm the first club to ever ask to take up and pay extra out for this add on.

I'm going to talk to my own student as well but I was wondering what other students/instructors think. Have you ever claimed on your insurace and would you expect to? Do you take out your own insurance cover and above what your club offers as part of the yearly membership package?

Just put up some shitty disclaimer up on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by andyt1992 View Post
    Just put up some shitty disclaimer up on the wall.
    I'd rather not but we are still struggling to resolve our insurance issues. Also I don't think the disclaimers hold up against an negligence claim (not that we would ever let this happen).

Can anyone tell me who they use if they are any good? Getting a black belt from one style recognised by another is also proving to be an issue and we are not trying to run a mickey mouse club so I'm getting increasing frustrated!

If you run an assocaition that welcome grappling, kickboxing and MMA training (not competing) then please let me know!

Grappling Arts Association will insure MMA as long as it doesn't involve strikes whilst grounded.
    Fight Paramedics - available for events throughout the UK

We actually went with Grapple Arts in the end after a few months of hunting about. They were the most proffesional and quickest at getting back to us and offered the best insurance packages for the students.

Thanks though for the advice.

May I ask where you coach kitten?
    http://www.kendallgrovemma.com/

"You fucked his wife, fucked his fucking wife, you fucking wife fucker, you fucked his fucking wife you wife-fucking cunt, another mans wife? You stupid? You fucking thick you cunt? Fuck another mans wife? You don't do that!"

- Stephen Dillane

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_Hutch View Post
    May I ask where you coach kitten?
    I run The Gods of War MMA fight Team and Cage Combat Fitness with Phil Else in Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Martial Arts kitten View Post
    I run The Gods of War MMA fight Team and Cage Combat Fitness with Phil Else in Reading.

Thanks , a little too far from me i think!
    http://www.kendallgrovemma.com/

"You fucked his wife, fucked his fucking wife, you fucking wife fucker, you fucked his fucking wife you wife-fucking cunt, another mans wife? You stupid? You fucking thick you cunt? Fuck another mans wife? You don't do that!"

- Stephen Dillane