Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: im so sad

Default im so sad

i tore my acl again..... took me 1 1/2 years to heal.. was totaly training again and looking to fight..... and now im complete black to the start.
    it was to showel to take pics.. since my line of work requiers a working leg...... this is the end of all grappling training
    Last edited by Duchman; 19-03-2009 at 05:31 PM.
    Insert whiny message

Quote Originally Posted by Duchman View Post
    i tore my acl again..... took me 1 1/2 years to heal.. was totaly training again and looking to fight..... and now im complete black to the start.
    it was to showel to take pics.. since my line of work requiers a working leg...... this is the end of all grappling training
    That's very unfortunate. How did it happen? But I wouldn't give up. You can still keep learning without sparring: watch videos, train technique, work with a grappling dummy till things heal. In the end it's all self defense which is something that will always be useful to you so there is no reason to stop learning and training.

Sorry to hear the bad news I know we arent exactly friends, this is still sad news.

1 time someone jumped guard on my knee.. and now i doing a overhook toss..
    i wanted to say yes to a fight again.. get some respect back.. and now its all gone.. so many hours of therapy.
    im just very pissed. i wont be on here for a while.

thanks for the nice words.
    Insert whiny message

I know the feeling, I've done mine twice now and I'm left with a very unstable knee. i acknowledge that there are some things I can't do anymore but it's more important to me in the long term to be able to train and teach what i know than to be able to compete now. At times like this it's easy to question whether it's worth carrying on with the training but i believe it's such an important thing in my life and to my sense of who I am that it's worth continuing even if i can no longer train how i would want to.

Best of luck and keep positive
    eaglesteamthai.com
    muay thai / submission wrestling / mma

Sorry to hear that Duchman, hope you can get it sorted and get back on the mats eventually.
    Pedro Bessa BJJ Bristol. Sweatbox MMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by God of CW View Post
    God likes head kick knock outs.

Sorry to hear that mate, has your doctor/ physio told you that you cannot grapple?

Frank Shamrock has fought several times with no acl or mcl, it can be done. Of course take some time to heal your acl up, but dont let an injury stop your training.

Quote Originally Posted by 123 MMA View Post
    Sorry to hear that mate, has your doctor/ physio told you that you cannot grapple?

Frank Shamrock has fought several times with no acl or mcl, it can be done. Of course take some time to heal your acl up, but dont let an injury stop your training.
    If i tore my acl again i wouldn't need a doc to tell me that i shouldn't be grappling
    I got injured in 2004.......and its still not right. Can train at 60-70% but never quite got back to full fitness
    Injuries are depressing

Hey man, that really sucks. I had all last year off training basically, it was a right shitter at times... felt like I would never heal and never train properly again.

Hope you recover quickly, don't lose the fight man, never give up!
    http://www.ChrisReesAcademy.com - http://thetattooedchimp.blogspot.co.uk/