Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Started training last night - oh yes!!!

Default Started training last night - oh yes!!!

Hi Guys

So after a year and a half off from training due to personal circumstances, I was back training at BTT last night. Was absolutely great to be back and catch up with the guys again....

The last year and a half has been extremely eventful - extreme highs and devastating lows... But last night when sparring I felt great for the first time in a long time. During the events of the last year and a half I'm not ashamed to say my spirit was pretty much broken, but when I hit the mats during sparring my spirit came well and truly alive again...

I also realised that BJJ has now become part of my soul and identity and is now something I can NEVER give up!

Gonna try and keep going regular - not as regular as I would like but I'm going to try and remain consistent. Watch out BTT - I'm back!!!
    Last edited by Jogs D; 24-03-2009 at 03:49 PM.

Is Kinda a big
    thing around here
    Pro Fighter

If i had nothing else in the world but the people I train with and somewhere to do it idbe happy. You cant describe the feeling to anyone who hasnt done it, fighting or rolling it frees your mind.

D
    A team is where a boy can prove his courage on his own. A gang is where a coward goes to hide.

'As I walk through the valley of death I fear no evil
    coz im the meanest motherfucker in the valley'

'Girls already have one pussy they dont need another!'

Quote Originally Posted by Jogs D View Post
    Hi Guys

So after a year and a half off from training due to personal circumstances, I was back training at BTT last night. Was absolutely great to be back and catch up with the guys again....

The last year and a half has been extremely eventful - extreme highs and devastating lows... But last night when sparring I felt great for the first time in a long time. During the events of the last year and a half I'm not ashamed to say my spirit was pretty much broken, but when I hit the mats during sparring my spirit came well and truly alive again...

I also realised that BJJ has now become part of my soul and identity and is now something I can NEVER give up!

Gonna try and keep going regular - not as regular as I would like but I'm going to try and remain consistent. Watch up BTT - I'm back!!!
    Great post. A lot of us know these feelings.

Welcome back to the mats, I hope your stay here is a long and happy one.

Nathan
    Head Coach at Leicester Shootfighters
    Sponsored by Caged Steel and Empire Fight Shop

Its not his cup you can feel.... Mike Bishop's Avatar

Glad you're back and enjoying it again. I really agree with Dave Butlin that it frees your mind up and for me gives me time when I'm not thinking about all the normal bullshit.

Welcome back J! See you tomorrow bro
    www.temperwear.co.uk Predator Fightwear CrossFit Northampton Maximum Nutrition

nice one dude
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Possibly Killed Micheal Jackson

Glad to hear you are back training again, sounds like you have been having a tough time of it all. I'm missing training myself at the moment,not having that outlet after work to go and forget about everything.

Have fun

You should be proud of yourself mate. Well done and all the best. I'm wanting to achieve the same thing that you just achieved and I'm working towards it.
    Respects
    No longer playing World of Warcraft. Goodbye fond memories
    FUCK THE ALLIANCE

Quote Originally Posted by David Butlin View Post
    If i had nothing else in the world but the people I train with and somewhere to do it idbe happy. You cant describe the feeling to anyone who hasnt done it, fighting or rolling it frees your mind.

D
    so true.....

It's so true. However I feel when I get to roll I feel great - I think chris haueter called it 'rolling zen'