Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bodypower 2009 Amateur MMA Competition - NEC Sunday 10th May! Register Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Unfortunately it is 77kg so if you are there it looks like we'll be competing against each other and to be fair if you saw how bad i was last night at training you'd be pretty happy to get drawn against me
    Ha im sure you will do well mate. Looks like i wont be there now anyway. This has all seemed like to much hard work so i think i will just wait a couple of weeks for york hall. Dam

i did this today

if you won two fights you were supposed to be in the final and i did (arm bar and my first ever knee bar!) everything going great.. in the finals i thought!

and then they tell me they had given a guy a bye to the final so i had to fight another guy again straight after my 2nd fight. was bloody knackred and lost on a decision and had an arm bar about to go on just as the bell went. i was the only person who had to do this. they wanted me to fight for 3rd place which i declined to do. feel a bit robbed to be honest.

it wasnt really explained why they had given a guy a free pass, bit poor of the organisers to be honest

that said it was a good event for the audience and im happy with my performances

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron View Post
    i did this today

if you won two fights you were supposed to be in the final and i did (arm bar and my first ever knee bar!) everything going great.. in the finals i thought!

and then they tell me they had given a guy a bye to the final so i had to fight another guy again straight after my 2nd fight. was bloody knackred and lost on a decision and had an arm bar about to go on just as the bell went. i was the only person who had to do this. they wanted me to fight for 3rd place which i declined to do. feel a bit robbed to be honest.

it wasnt really explained why they had given a guy a free pass, bit poor of the organisers to be honest

that said it was a good event for the audience and im happy with my performances
    congrats on your performances,

i ended up coming 3rd in the welters after losing to the winner in the semi's

to be fair to the organisers they had loads to deal with on the day, 6 people didn't turn up, 3 came in at totally different weights to what they had said plus two people turned up that weren't showing on their registration list so for a first time show i think it's quite impressive that they got through it without anything too major going wrong.

just got back from a&e after dislocating my shoulder in my second fight, probably wasn't the most intelligent thing i've done taking the third fight, but with the adrenaline etc it didn't seem too bad at the time

Watched this yesterday, congratulations to all the fighters and organisers. Was a good show and although I couldn't really get close enough to see everything that was going on, saw some good fights.

Any results or photos gonna be posted?

Quote Originally Posted by freedomfighten View Post
    Any results or photos gonna be posted?
    there were two official photographers so presume there will be pics.

can't remember the Feather results, think duane dunkerly (utc) came third

Lightweight was won by Keiran Beattie (team supreme) and runner up was paul/phil (can't remember) steadman, can't remember who came third

WW was won by leon edwards (UTC), anthony subhan came second and i came third

MW was won by russ dulleston (team supreme) and anthony sylvesta came 2nd (UTC) can't remember who came third

Featherweight was won by Brad Gallagher from Coventry Renegade Revolution. This event was also his MMA debut so a fantastic introduction to the scene. The event was a bit chaotic and disorganised but some great fighters in all classes, especially Featherweight. I have to say that even though this was an amateur show most of the fighters behaved like pro's. A big thankyou to team UTC for their sportsmanship, we will take you up on that invite sometime lads!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    congrats on your performances,

i ended up coming 3rd in the welters after losing to the winner in the semi's

to be fair to the organisers they had loads to deal with on the day, 6 people didn't turn up, 3 came in at totally different weights to what they had said plus two people turned up that weren't showing on their registration list so for a first time show i think it's quite impressive that they got through it without anything too major going wrong.

just got back from a&e after dislocating my shoulder in my second fight, probably wasn't the most intelligent thing i've done taking the third fight, but with the adrenaline etc it didn't seem too bad at the time
    i just cant help but think if i had the UTC logo on me somewhere then i wouldnt have had to have that extra fight

will your shoulder be ok? i think i popped a rib in my second fight as well, heard it but didnt feel it until later on! well done on a solid placing

Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron View Post
    i just cant help but think if i had the UTC logo on me somewhere then i wouldnt have had to have that extra fight

will your shoulder be ok? i think i popped a rib in my second fight as well, heard it but didnt feel it until later on! well done on a solid placing
    that's the thing isn't it at the time you don't notice it when you've got the adrenaline going but once that wears off all the aches and pains come out, today i feel like i've been beaten with a baseball bat. the shoulder should be fine, just need to rest it for a while apparantly, suits me as it gives me an excuse to be slack with my training for a while and enjoy the summer (if we have one)