Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Principals Of BJJ

Default Principals Of BJJ

Are there any good material/dvds/online videos on the principals and fundementals of BJJ?

I would really appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction..

Imho..These are all too often over looked and i'd be very interested in watching/reading any info that the bjj practicioners have produced..so to refresh my memory and look and see what the differing points of views are on the topic..

Its not his cup you can feel.... Mike Bishop's Avatar

I think the Demian Maia tapes focus on BJJ principles - there's trailers on youtube

Stephan Kesting does an online e letter going over the finer points and basics of BJJ for the beginner, the name escapes me right now but they are very helpful for the beginner.

F

Maia - Science Of Jiu Jitsu Vol 1.
    ''Fren let me tell you, purple must smash people. SMASH THEM...that is hequirement for purple. Purple belt dangerus man, if purple belt cannot smash he not real purple'' - CREONTE
    Follow me on Twitter

thanx guys..

i'd really like to get a look at some stuff to refresh and relearn in my own time outside of training..

the basic are the best and are so easily forgotten about!

get michael jen's tapes. best basics ever
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    get michael jen's tapes. best basics ever
    thanx david..appreciate it..

how goes it in brazil? Is it everything that people say it is?

depends what you've heard them say. crazy place, awesome beaches, awesome training, hot women, great food, beautiful scenery. things can get expensive though. trained with toquinho yesterday, i've never rolled with someone so technically good, combined with INSANE strength. i'm 6'4 and have what i'd consider a good triangle. i have never been lifted in the air so fast, i had 3 fully locked triangles while hooking the leg and controlling the head with the other hand, this did precisely fuck all as i was picked up, forced to abandon the triangle and somersaulted. i love toquinho, he's so friendly and very humble. he's had a hard life and deserves all the success he can get.

btw if you learnt everything on jen's tapes and did it well you'd be unstoppable by 95% of bjj'ers
    man, when you're the nail, hang in there....until the day you become the hammer

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    Are there any good material/dvds/online videos on the principals and fundementals of BJJ?
    Demian Maia (Science of Jiu Jitsu), Roy Harris (BJJ 101) and Stephan Kesting (Roadmap for BJJ) are all good.

Nathan
    Head Coach at Leicester Shootfighters
    Sponsored by Caged Steel and Empire Fight Shop

Quote Originally Posted by david5 View Post
    depends what you've heard them say. crazy place, awesome beaches, awesome training, hot women, great food, beautiful scenery. things can get expensive though. trained with toquinho yesterday, i've never rolled with someone so technically good, combined with INSANE strength. i'm 6'4 and have what i'd consider a good triangle. i have never been lifted in the air so fast, i had 3 fully locked triangles while hooking the leg and controlling the head with the other hand, this did precisely fuck all as i was picked up, forced to abandon the triangle and somersaulted. i love toquinho, he's so friendly and very humble. he's had a hard life and deserves all the success he can get.

btw if you learnt everything on jen's tapes and did it well you'd be unstoppable by 95% of bjj'ers
    I have a brazilian bjj friend..he has told me all of the stories dude and by all accounts it sounds crazy..but by all accounts he said that in 'general' the brazilian ladies are crazy jealous also..a case of party hard and train harder..

Whats the chances of learning all on Jens tapes?..lol..i'll get them and see how i get on..thanx..