Thread: American rules in British MMA?

Default American rules in British MMA?

I watched the Brad Pickett fight the other day and although Brad did very well and got a brilliant win at one point in the fight the commentator said 'Brad wasn't expecting any up kicks'. I don't know if up kicks r legal in British pro MMA but from what i gather from this forum different orgs (dunno if that's right?) have different rules. Maybe we should have American rules 2 prepare fighters that r capable of breaking into the American Companies like Brad and also Bisping and Hardy who have done it before so as they have an equal opportunity if u like and aren't needed to learn new rules in the bulid up 2 fights and can focus totally on conditioning and technique. Sorry if this sounds stupid 2 u all but thought id put it up 4 discussion i've never fought so i dont have the experience some of u guys have but would like 2 hear ur input maybe ill learn something. Thanks 4 reading anyway now let me have it and please be nice cos ive read some posts and 2 be honest u can be a bunch of cunts!! Merry Xmas
    Hello, I like you I do.

lol what's wrong with that i've only watched American MMA so im only familiar with those rules therefore American rules apart from the old cage rage archives on extreme sports which r shit 2 be honest im clueless 2 Brit MMA which is embarrassing I know but im not the only 1 either which is embarrassing 2 British MMA i think.
    Hello, I like you I do.

Just read that last comment back and let me say now 'Oh fuck that's coming back 2 bite me!!' I know British MMA has come a long way since Cage Rage but i also understand Cage Rage was the father of Brit MMA so no disrespect meant. I apologise!What i meant was im unfamiliar with the rules cos so many different companies have such different rules now. Sorry
    Hello, I like you I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Bowden View Post
    i also understand Cage Rage was the father of Brit MMA so no disrespect meant.
    Not unless it was here before 1999 it wasn't!
    Any opinions I express on this forum are entirely personal opinions and it should not be assumed that they reflect the official view of any organisations I am connected with

Alex Reid v Darijo Matsui gots some heavy upkicks.

lol @ cage rage being the father of UK mma. Guess where they got their cage from!

Most UK orgs use the Unified rules as per the UFC for full pro fights. A few orgs don't allow elbows and Cage Rage did dabble with the stupid open guard rule for a while but I am not aware of any orgs that do not allow the up kick.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmchairWarrior View Post
    Alex Reid v Darijo Matsui gots some heavy upkicks.
    and tom watson v pier guilet! i still ain't seen brads fight....where can i watch it?

Im starting 2 realise that coming on here wen ur pissed isnt such a good idea lol just read the post and its really stupid. Sorry guys
    Hello, I like you I do.