Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UMA International 2 Day Groundfighting and Grappling Championships 23 & 24th May

Hybrid View

Thumbs up UMA International 2 Day Groundfighting and Grappling Championships 23 & 24th May

U.M.A. International Open Groundfighting and Grappling Championships
    ('No Gi') Groundfighting and ('With Gi') Grappling

UMA Championship Event Poster

ONLINE REGISTRATION NOW OPEN

(2 Championship Events over 2 Days)(Seniors Only age 16 years old and over)

***Novice and Advanced Weight Class Categories***

Saturday 23rd May Event Schedule: 'No Gi' Groundfighting
    Sunday 24th May Event Schedule: 'With Gi' Grappling

• Men’s Novice Weight Categories
    • Men’s Advanced Weight Categories
    • Women’s Categories
    • Men’s 35+ Masters Category
    • ‘Free’ Absolute - Open Weight Category for Registered Competitors

All Classes are Elimination with Repechage, Guaranteeing every Competitor a minimum of Two Contests

Categories with some of the Best Groundfighting and Grappling Action and Competition that is not to be missed

A Free Absolute-Open Weight Category for Registered Competitors who want more action on the mat

Competitors from BJJ, Wrestling, Grappling, M.M.A., Judo, JuJitsu, Sombo, Gi and No Gi Players putting it all on the line, entering and stepping up to compete for Honours in this Two Day Premier Open Groundfighting and Grappling Championships.

We advise that you get your Details and Entry Forms in for this Premier 2 Day Open Championship Event as quick as you can due to the interset shown and Teams wanting to attend already, as its definitely an Event you don’t want to miss out on…

Venue:
    Wallace Sports Centre
    Abbotts Road
    Abbey Hulton
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Staffordshire
    ST2 8DU

For Full Details and Entry Forms etc, go to:

Email: uma@umauk.co.uk

Closing dates for All Entries is Midnight Wednesday 20th May 2009

No Entries will be taken after the Closing Date, so please don't ask.
    Last edited by U.M.A.; 25-04-2009 at 09:03 PM.
    Web: umauk.co.uk - Facebook: facebook.com/UnitedMartialAlliance - Twitter: twitter.com/UMA_NGB

I'll be there with a bunch of guys including some first timers.

Thanks for running these events Jim.

Nathan
    Head Coach at Leicester Shootfighters
    Sponsored by Caged Steel and Empire Fight Shop

Just had a look at the website - have I understood correctly that the no-gi is starting from knees?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ocelot View Post
    Just had a look at the website - have I understood correctly that the no-gi is starting from knees?
    Hi Ocelot, yep, the No Gi Groundfighting its starting from the knees.
    Web: umauk.co.uk - Facebook: facebook.com/UnitedMartialAlliance - Twitter: twitter.com/UMA_NGB

man,1 guy he jus smash into me at bar lars week.he spill my acai evrywhere.
    i say= hey cock faggot what you think you do here.i say no you can not jus walk like you wanderlei through bar with no responsib for spill my drink.you gonna hav pay my fren.
    he say=man i no pay for nothin you cock faggot no me.
    as he say this he take it off chute box vest real fast an look hangry.
    i say=in bar there 2 guys.1 real man an 1 cock faggot.i real man,now time for you kneel down so we fight.

his frens,they laugh at me.

why was this??

Quote Originally Posted by creonte View Post
    man,1 guy he jus smash into me at bar lars week.he spill my acai evrywhere.
    i say= hey cock faggot what you think you do here.i say no you can not jus walk like you wanderlei through bar with no responsib for spill my drink.you gonna hav pay my fren.
    he say=man i no pay for nothin you cock faggot no me.
    as he say this he take it off chute box vest real fast an look hangry.
    i say=in bar there 2 guys.1 real man an 1 cock faggot.i real man,now time for you kneel down so we fight.

his frens,they laugh at me.

why was this??

I think the spontaneous belly laughter that was witnessed, was induced as a direct result of the guy wearing his Chute Box T-Shirt.

On further inspection, it was revealed that the heavily muscled man had been wearing an out of date Chute Box T-Shirt exhibiting the logo of Wanderlei Silva.

Subsequently, as a direct violation of MMA fashion rules the heavily muscled man was beaten with sticks by the style police, covered in honey and seed whilst large overweight pigeons pecked at his every crevice.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by U.M.A. View Post
    U.M.A. International Open Groundfighting and Grappling Championships
    ('No Gi') Groundfighting and ('With Gi') Grappling

ONLINE REGISTRATION NOW OPEN

(2 Championship Events over 2 Days)(Seniors Only age 16 years old and over)

***Novice and Advanced Weight Class Categories***

Saturday 23rd May Event Schedule: 'No Gi' Groundfighting
    Sunday 24th May Event Schedule: 'With Gi' Grappling

• Men’s Novice Weight Categories
    • Men’s Advanced Weight Categories
    • Women’s Categories
    • Men’s 35+ Masters Category
    • ‘Free’ Absolute - Open Weight Category for Registered Competitors

All Classes are Elimination with Repechage, Guaranteeing every Competitor a minimum of Two Contests

Categories with some of the Best Groundfighting and Grappling Action and Competition that is not to be missed

A Free Absolute-Open Weight Category for Registered Competitors who want more action on the mat

Competitors from BJJ, Wrestling, Grappling, M.M.A., Judo, JuJitsu, Sombo, Gi and No Gi Players putting it all on the line, entering and stepping up to compete for Honours in this Two Day Premier Open Groundfighting and Grappling Championships.

We advise that you get your Details and Entry Forms in for this Premier 2 Day Open Championship Event as quick as you can due to the interset shown and Teams wanting to attend already, as its definitely an Event you don’t want to miss out on…

Venue:
    Wallace Sports Centre
    Abbotts Road
    Abbey Hulton
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Staffordshire
    ST2 8DU

For Full Details and Entry Forms etc, go to:

Email: uma@umauk.co.uk

Closing dates for All Entries is Midnight Wednesday 20th May 2009

No Entries will be taken after the Closing Date, so please don't ask.

Short Note.

With Gi Grappling and No Gi Groundfighting:

Novice, 0 to under 18 months experience.

Advanced, over 18 months experience.

Check out the Rules for Grappling and Groundfighting at: www.umauk.co.uk
    Last edited by U.M.A.; 03-04-2009 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Correction

Short Note.

Novice, 0 to under 18 months experience or: BJJ White Belt.

Advanced, over 18 months experience or: BJJ Blue belt and above.

I'm glad you've changed this really. I know a few guys who have been training over 18 months in BJJ, but not very regular.

They have just upped their game, but still they could have been placed in the same group as a purple belt.

I'm still under 18 months anyway, so I'm cool with all this.

Good change of the rules!!

Short Note.

Novice, 0 to under 18 months experience or: BJJ White Belt.

Advanced, over 18 months experience or: BJJ Blue belt and above.

Is "or" correct? If the interpretation above is right then I don't agree with that. It shouldn't mean you can do novice if you are a white belt but been training more than 18 months as that wouldn't make sense (you could train 10 years no gi and be black belt level but never grade). I got my blue and purple in a short period not that long a go because I'd never graded.

I HOPE he means white belts only in novice division.

Nathan
    Head Coach at Leicester Shootfighters
    Sponsored by Caged Steel and Empire Fight Shop

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Levo View Post
    Is "or" correct? If the interpretation above is right then I don't agree with that. It shouldn't mean you can do novice if you are a white belt but been training more than 18 months as that wouldn't make sense (you could train 10 years no gi and be black belt level but never grade). I got my blue and purple in a short period not that long a go because I'd never graded.

I HOPE he means white belts only in novice division.

Nathan
    Hi Nathan, 0 to 18 months is for Novices, who have only been training or competing for up to the 18 month period, regardless of style, however, the term BJJ is in reference to the level of a BJJ Player is/are at etc, i.e. white belt, as we are looking to hopefully attract a lot more BJJ Players etc, however, there could be the odd person who may be far more experienced, but still maybe a white belt in BJJ, the UMA can see what you mean with regard to the your concern, so the Post will be edited to reflect this important concern.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by U.M.A.; 03-04-2009 at 08:02 PM.