Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UMA International 2 Day Groundfighting and Grappling Championships 23 & 24th May

Thumbs up UMA Groundfighting and Grappling Rules

RULES

Groundfighting

Starts From Kneeling (***No Standing***)

***Standing Up on both feet is temporarily allowed, but for only for 3 seconds, and only when either; Passing Guard, Sprawling, Taking your Opponents Back or Attempting an Arm Bar from either a Side, Front, Top or North/South Control/Mount Position Only.***

Points and Scoring:
    4 Points = Front and Rear Mount Control
    3 Points = Passing Guard
    2 Points = Sweeps and Knee on the Belly

Grappling

Starts From Standing

Points and Scoring:
    4 Points = Front and Rear Mount Control
    3 Points = Passing Guard
    2 Points = Sweeps and Knee on the Belly, Throws and Takedowns

Allowed in both Groundfighting and Grappling:

Submission/Tap Out /Referee Stoppage/Referee Decision/15 Point Spread/Forfeit/Default /Disqualification and All Point Scoring Techniques.
    Arm and Shoulder Locks
    Straight Leg and Straight Ankle Locks
    Chokes (Except for using the Open Hand or Shin to Close the Wind Pipe)

The Rules are practically the same, the only Difference is:

***No Standing Allowed in the Groundfighting***

Points are Awarded for Throws and Takedowns in the Grappling.

Both Sets of Rules for Groundfighting and Grappling are practically the same, 99.98%, hence the transition from Groundfighting to Grappling is minimal, the Rules were designed as so the transition from Groundfighting to Grappling would be easy for the Competitor to transition from one Class Event to the other without any complication etc.
    Web: umauk.co.uk - Facebook: facebook.com/UnitedMartialAlliance - Twitter: twitter.com/UMA_NGB

Thumbs up Championship Sponsorship News...

U.M.A. Championships Sponsorhip News....

"Like2Fight" have kindly Sponsored the the 'No Gi' Open Groundfighting Championship Event of the Two Day Championships in May, so now, apart from the Winners receiving a U.M.A. Winners Medal, each Winnier in each Class and Weight Category will also receive a "Like2Fight" T-Shirt.

The Men's Absolute Winner will Recieve; a "Like2Fight" T-Shirt, Hoodie and a pair of Grappling Shorts, so well worth Winning.

"Like2Fight" will also have a Stans with fight gear, clothing, apparell and wear etc, on the day at the Championships for the 'No Gi' Groundfighting Championship Event on Saturday 23rd May.

The U.M.A. would like to thank "Like2Fight" for they're support and sponsorship of the U.M.A. 'No Gi' Open Groundfighting Championships.
    Last edited by U.M.A.; 24-04-2009 at 06:20 PM.
    Web: umauk.co.uk - Facebook: facebook.com/UnitedMartialAlliance - Twitter: twitter.com/UMA_NGB

Default More Sponsorship News for the UMA 2 Day Championship Event

More U.M.A. Championships Sponsorhip News....

"Tatami Fightwear" have kindly Sponsored the 'With Gi' Open Grappling Championship Event of the Two Day Championships in May, so now, apart from the Winners receiving a U.M.A. Winners Medal, each Winner in each Class and Weight Category will also receive a "Tatami Fightwear" Kit Bag.

The Men's Absolute Winner will Recieve a "Tatami Fightwear" Gi/Kimono and Kit Bag, so again well worth winning.

"Tatami Fightwear" will also have a Stand with fight gear, Gi/Kimono's, apparell and wear etc, on the day at the Championships for the 'With Gi' Grappling Championship Event on Sunday 24th May.

The U.M.A. would like to thank "Tatami Fightwear" for they're support and sponsorship of the U.M.A. 'With Gi' Open Grappling Championships.

Default UMA Championship Event Poster

UMA Championship Event Poster

A team from Gracie Barra Lagarto Sheffield will be entering shortly I am hoping we will have at least 10 and have at least one in most weight catagories and as ever Jim I will be filling the super heavyweight quota and straining your scales :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bigstew View Post
    A team from Gracie Barra Lagarto Sheffield will be entering shortly I am hoping we will have at least 10 and have at least one in most weight catagories and as ever Jim I will be filling the super heavyweight quota and straining your scales :-)
    Great news, again thanks for your great support, oh, and the scales will survive, :-) hey, GB Mansfield got a team of 9 fighters entered too, so some of you guys will more than likely come up against each other in the divisions etc, hopefully with GB Sheffiled and GB Mansfiueld stepping up to represent etc, hopefully it may attract a few more of the BJJ Clubs and Teams in and around the UK etc.

Catch ya later...

It's going to be a tuff one, as the Sheffield lads put on a really good show at the Ne Waza event. Do we have any news on anyone else who's registered?

I know there were some traditional jiu-jitsu lads at the ne waza event.

We have 5 at U85KG, 2 at U95KG and 2 at U75KG. I'm 80.7KG but can't make U75Kg which is a shame.

I've also registered everyone for the absolute if there's time.

We've been practicing a lot of flying triangle / omoplatas compinations and I'm perfecting the "Randy Couture" standing thrust guard break Stu

Because we all know how much I like people who use that now don't we

Default Overseas Entries starting to come in...

Just some info on the Championships, a Fighter from Moscow, Russia has sent his entry form and payment in to the UMA, and will be flying over to the UK to Compete in both the 'No Gi' Groundfighting Championships on Saturday 23rd May and 'With Gi' Grappling Championships on Sunday 24th May.

Also, there may be a Team coming up from Marseilles in France, but as yet not confirmed, however, I'll keep you posted on that one.

Fingers crossed for hopefully more overseas Fighters.

Fighters Entries coming in now, so don't leave it too late...

Quote Originally Posted by U.M.A. View Post
    Just some info on the Championships, a Fighter from Moscow, Russia has sent his entry form and payment in to the UMA, and will be flying over to the UK to Compete in both the 'No Gi' Groundfighting Championships on Saturday 23rd May and 'With Gi' Grappling Championships on Sunday 24th May.

Also, there may be a Team coming up from Marseilles in France, but as yet not confirmed, however, I'll keep you posted on that one.

Fingers crossed for hopefully more overseas Fighters.

Fighters Entries coming in now, so don't leave it too late...

The Russian Guy Trains at Gracie Barra in Lion France...