Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: UMA International 2 Day Groundfighting and Grappling Championships 23 & 24th May

The GB sheffield entry will be with you tomorrow and even all on one neat form just to make it easier for you :-) we will also enter for the absolute although comp (most of us anyway) as well.

Oh and Fallen Warrior I have been working on side control and really using my weight :-) in fact Ben P has been showing me just where to put my elbow so your lungs really enjoy it
    Last edited by bigstew; 30-04-2009 at 04:53 PM.

I'm yet to train with Ben, but everyone at the club regards him as one of the best, if not the best BB instructor they have trained with in terms of putting things through simple and to the point, with no fucking about.

So I have no doubt that your training has come on. hence the stripes!

We've just been watching Eddie Bravo instructionals for the past 3 weeks every session, kicking it back drinking Cherry Coke and munching on Topics.
    We've even made up our own names for moves. Like the "Dairylea" is a sick variation of the triangle!

The "Homer" is how we get out of side control, so your elbow just aint going to work. link here to the demo Click Demo One Click Demo Two

Other than that it's just been hard conditioning.... Click Demo Three

Only 7 days left to get your Registration, Entries and Entry Fees in if you are Competing in any of the Two Events on the 23rd or 24th May.

Closing Date for All Entries is: Midnight Wednesday 20th May 2009.

For Entry Forms and On-Line Payment etc, go to: www.umauk.co.uk

Don't leave it too late, No Entries will be taken after the Closing Date, so please don't ask...
    Web: umauk.co.uk - Facebook: facebook.com/UnitedMartialAlliance - Twitter: twitter.com/UMA_NGB

The Abslolutes in both the 'No Gi' Groundfighting and 'With Gi' Grappling Events are starting to stack up.

We have decided to extend the Divison for the Absolutes at both Events to a maximum of 32 Fighters because of the entries coming in to date.

Once we have reached that target, then we will not be accepting any further entries for the Absulotes, which is a Free Category for Registered Fighters only.

So if you are Competing, and are planing on entering any of the Free Absolutee Categories on any of the two Events, then don't leave it to late, as its on a Frist Registered, First Served Basis etc...

Good luck.
    Web: umauk.co.uk - Facebook: facebook.com/UnitedMartialAlliance - Twitter: twitter.com/UMA_NGB

Latest Update:

Leicester Shootfighters are sending a massive Team of 16 Fighters for the 'No Gi' Groundfighting Championships on Saturday, looks like they mean business yet again.
    Again, thanks to Leicester Shoot, as they have attended supported every UMA 'No Gi' Groundfighting and Grappling Event form Day one in 2007 to Date.

Also Checkmat BJJ are sending a Team over too, and maybe for both Events, looking real good there, they have supported us greatly over the last couple of years to date.

Sheffield GB, stepping up and supporting our Events yet again for the second time this year, and they have got a big Team for Both Events on Both Days, they are looking good and also looking for results too, as they nearly cleaned up at the last Event.

Mansfield GB are also stepping up and supporting the UMA Event with another big Team for the first time, great to have they're support too, they are also looking very good too for the With Gi Grappling Event on Sunday.

Fighting Fit are sending a Team of Fighters down, again always great support from Rich and his Team mates, Rich, will also be working the Tables at the 'With Gi' Grappling Event on Sunday too.

And other Teams and Fighters to date from Clubs such as Rey Diego-Carlson Gracie, Sandwell BJJ, Lion-France GB, Bulldogs Judo, Budokan, and more still coming in.

I will update every day with details of all Entries as and when they come in over the next 6 days etc.

Quote Originally Posted by U.M.A. View Post
    Latest Update:

Leicester Shootfighters are sending a massive Team of 16 Fighters for the 'No Gi' Groundfighting Championships on Saturday, looks like they mean business yet again.

Again, thanks to Leicester Shoot, as they have attended supported every UMA 'No Gi' Groundfighting and Grappling Event form Day one in 2007 to Date.
    We always mean business!

My guys who took golds last year (Andre Winner, Jim Wallhead, Benedikt Schotthoefer) can't make it this time but a load of the novices are stepping up for their first comp which I'm really excited about.

Been our pleasure to support these events, they are good fun, thanks for running them.

Nathan

PS Sounds like it'll be bigger than ever this year, hope you prepared Jim!
    Head Coach at Leicester Shootfighters
    Sponsored by Caged Steel and Empire Fight Shop

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Levo View Post
    We always mean business!

My guys who took golds last year (Andre Winner, Jim Wallhead, Benedikt Schotthoefer) can't make it this time but a load of the novices are stepping up for their first comp which I'm really excited about.

Been our pleasure to support these events, they are good fun, thanks for running them.

Nathan

PS Sounds like it'll be bigger than ever this year, hope you prepared Jim!
    Hi Nath, good to see new blood step up too, great stuff, I know we'll more than likely see all the Guys from Leic Shoot who couldn't make it on this one in December, which as you know is our Premier No Gi Grappling Event (Promo, ) and we could not be more prepared really, as its a great start to hopefully a regular Annual International Two Day Event each year etc, The Venue may not be the biggest, but its a start, and the atmosphere will be electric.

However, its not a massive Event, it will be soon in the future, but we have to start somewhere, and this is the start of hopefully bigger and better International Events to come, although its over two days, but as you know were getting better, gaining and getting the respect and recognition we rightly deserve, as we have never put on a bad show, and we've always been professional in our Tasks etc.

We always start and finish on time, in-fact, we actually set the standard for a lot of other Events that have sprung up over the last couple of years to date, and hey, were proud to have set the bar as high as we have, we feel that we have led by example really, listened and learned, yet as you know Nath, I am not one for bragging or pulling others down etc, I let the Events and the people who attend do my talking for me as you know.

Dear me, gotta stop now, lol, see you next weekend Nath.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by U.M.A. View Post
    Latest Update:

Also Checkmat BJJ are sending a Team over too, and maybe for both Events, looking real good there, they have supported us greatly over the last couple of years to date.

Sheffield GB, stepping up and supporting our Events yet again for the second time this year, and they have got a big Team for Both Events on Both Days, they are looking good and also looking for results too, as they nearly cleaned up at the last Event.

Mansfield GB are also stepping up and supporting the UMA Event with another big Team for the first time, great to have they're support too, they are also looking very good too for the With Gi Grappling Event on Sunday.

Fighting Fit are sending a Team of Fighters down, again always great support from Rich and his Team mates, Rich, will also be working the Tables at the 'With Gi' Grappling Event on Sunday too.

And other Teams and Fighters to date from Clubs such as Rey Diego-Carlson Gracie, Sandwell BJJ, Lion-France GB, Bulldogs Judo, Budokan, and more still coming in.

I will update every day with details of all Entries as and when they come in over the next 6 days etc.
    Latest update:

Additional Clubs with Fighters Registered:

Nuneaton GB (Saturday No Gi)
    Lagarto GB (Sunday With Gi)
    Hull Black Belt Academy (Both Days)
    Aberdeen Martial Arts Group (Both Days)

I will update every day with details of all Entries as and when they come in over the next 3 days etc.

Last Registrations and Entries is Midnight Wednesday 20th May 09

Concerning the weights, will there be a 0.5kg allowance similar to the groundfighting comps?

some of us fat teenage boys are struggling to get to 75kg lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNxFq8PJfng
    Short 5 minute documentary on Leicester Shootfighters made by me. Watch and enjoy

http://www.leicestershootfighters.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Barton View Post
    Concerning the weights, will there be a 0.5kg allowance similar to the groundfighting comps?

some of us fat teenage boys are struggling to get to 75kg lol
    Yes, there is a Tolerence of +0.5kg, anything more, then its up to the next Weight Division etc.