Thread: British Lightweight Titles

Default British Lightweight Titles

Morning all,

Im looking for a semi-pro lightweight title shot anywhere in the UK, i can fight at 67Kg upwards.

any pointing in the right direction would be appreciated

Scott

think most lightweight titles are 70-73kg dude

Quote Originally Posted by ANDY ATTITUDE View Post
    Thanx for the info, i walk around at 72kg naturally
    Its better to have lived one day as a tiger, than a thousand years as a sheep...

There's the UK MMA league tournament - have heard mixed opinions on it - was thinking of entering

BTW - anyone got any thoughts on the UK MMA league - have you competed? What you think the standard of fighters are? Do you like the rules? How you think it's run etc etc?

Quote Originally Posted by ANDY ATTITUDE View Post
    I walk around at 77kg, although I drop to 70kg with dieting (no weight cutting) as it's only amateur.

Quote Originally Posted by fightingirish View Post
    their website looks good! www.mmaleague.tv

I think this looks good mate, only thing is, its about 6-7 hours from me otherwise i'd probably get involved
    Its better to have lived one day as a tiger, than a thousand years as a sheep...

I've competed at every MMA League event so far, and I honestly think it's a good day out and there are quite a few talented guys competing there. The setup is pretty nice, you know roughly when you're going to fight, you get two fights and they have a fairly good set of production on the DVDs and interviews and things they produce afterwards, so...unless you really really hate noheadshot MMA, I'd give it shot. It's a lot more fun to watch than the average BJJ comp, too. ^_^

Take care,

Stalks