Thread: What do you eat the day of your fight

Default What do you eat the day of your fight

Hope you can help as I am looking for some advice on what to eat the day before and the day of my fight.

My fight is at the end of april, and my diet is pretty clean, consists of mainly chicken, fish, sushi, porridge, fruit and protein. Stapes put it together for me and I have followed it religiously since october and it has done the trick. So my diet is spot on..

I have to make weight the day before and I will be fighting after 6pm the following day.

I mainly eat 4 - 5 times day upto 5.30 at the moment ...

Basicaly I dont want to eat to much before I go on or not enough that I lack energy. I have been told to eat a big lunch and nothing else, to eat small every 2 hours, 2 eat upto lunch then smash down syrup and honey an hour before i go on to have a big sugar hit...so much different advice..

hoping you guys can help

thanks

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

in short, exactly the same as you have being eating in the run up / prep to your fight. so many people get this wrong.

you have trained on your particular diet for the last x amount of weeks right ? you have felt good on that diet right ? you have had the energy to train and the correctness of mind to diet cut, right ?

dont change a thing. after your fight, then you change !
    if you think its easy stop now

no one achieved anything by doing nothing

never argue with a fool

if fighting is a pursuit rooted in pain, you will find the best teachers have often absorbed the most punishment themselves......and remained standing

http://www.twitter.com/marcgoddard_uk

Marc goddard is correct.........
    Insert whiny message

The above is correct.
    Insert whiny message

I'd say to a certain degree Marc is right.

Whilst you don't want to eat anything really out of the ordinary, what you eat shouldn't be completely based on what you eat on a daily basis.

What you eat (and drink) after weighing in will depend on what you have done to make weight in the days prior to the weigh in.

For example if you have manipulated glycogen stores then you may need to eat a very large amount of carbohydrate to replace these lost stores. If you have dehydrated (lost water from the body) then you'll obviously need to replace this water, which may mean drinking a very large volume of water/ fluids. You will also need to replace the electrolytes (particularly sodium and potassium) lost.

The amounts of each of these and other nutrients that you'll need will vary from cut to cut, but it is highly likely that you'll need to eat/ drink a lot more than normal to make sure you're fully recovered from the cut.

Your coach really should know what to do, or if they don't they should know someone (i.e. a sports nutritionist) that should be able to assess exactly what you've done and what you need to do to recover correctly and you should practice this recovery protocol before your fight.

Hope that helps,
    Lewis
    Looks like Olive Oyl, hits like Popeye

www.leicestershootfighters.co.uk/

steve_langford

Quote Originally Posted by marc goddard View Post
    in short, exactly the same as you have being eating in the run up / prep to your fight. so many people get this wrong.

you have trained on your particular diet for the last x amount of weeks right ? you have felt good on that diet right ? you have had the energy to train and the correctness of mind to diet cut, right ?

Amen to this! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by marc goddard View Post

cool thanks marc, i havent spoken to my trainer yet , but he knows my diet is pretty good , which is why he hasnt commented on it i guess. I am more than happy with what I am eating and how i feel. The weigh-in is the day before. I am already at the weight so it looks like nothing needs to change.

Thanks guys, put my mind at rest.

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

winegums !!

they release energy slowly so you will last the whole fight !