Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Talk - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Default Ultimate Talk - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Just finished watching tonights Ultimate Talk and it is so fustrating, its absolute garbage one minute, then great the next.

The Good - The second half of the show was probably one of the best portions that they have done with Andre and Ross on.It just shows what the show is missing in the first half.

The Bad - I still think the show is missing someone with a longer standing knowledge of MMA.Theres nothing wrong with having Gareth or Matt? on but they need someone like Jim from Fighters Only (who hasnt been on for weeks)on there because it seems like they know alot about whats happened in MMA in the last couple of years but they dont have a clue about anything before 2007.I think Matt? said that Brandon Vera had taken a year off as if it was his choice when in reality he had problems with his now former manager that took a year to sort out.I dont think its to much to ask to do abit of research and get the facts correct, surely they know in advance about what they are going to be talking about.

The Ugly - Matt and Gareth both have great faces for radio and Matt needs to stop polishing his head before he goes on tv haha
    Rock Hard, Rock Heavy, Rock Animal!

www.myspace.com/zombie1zombie
    www.bushido-mma.co.uk

I just hope that they all soon learn to pronounce 'Rashad' and 'Lesnar' correctly.

Oh and Davies, please cut your hair.

OH AND THE SPORT IS MMA, NOT UFC! That's like saying the Premier League is football.

Quote Originally Posted by JJSFC View Post
    I just hope that they all soon learn to pronounce 'Rashad' and 'Lesnar' correctly.

Oh and Davies, please cut your hair.

OH AND THE SPORT IS MMA, NOT UFC! That's like saying the Premier League is football.
    Have you seen the champions league semi's the premier league is football these days

All jokes aside I tend to avoid this program for reasons stated above.

Captain America is my Dad mickclark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CraigA View Post
    Just finished watching tonights Ultimate Talk and it is so fustrating, its absolute garbage one minute, then great the next.

The Good - The second half of the show was probably one of the best portions that they have done with Andre and Ross on.It just shows what the show is missing in the first half.

The Bad - I still think the show is missing someone with a longer standing knowledge of MMA.Theres nothing wrong with having Gareth or Matt? on but they need someone like Jim from Fighters Only (who hasnt been on for weeks)on there because it seems like they know alot about whats happened in MMA in the last couple of years but they dont have a clue about anything before 2007.I think Matt? said that Brandon Vera had taken a year off as if it was his choice when in reality he had problems with his now former manager that took a year to sort out.I dont think its to much to ask to do abit of research and get the facts correct, surely they know in advance about what they are going to be talking about.

The Ugly - Matt and Gareth both have great faces for radio and Matt needs to stop polishing his head before he goes on tv haha
    I watch the show every week as it is the only MMA/UFC news show that I have access to. However I agree with you without Jim@Fightersonly on the show they really struggle because of the general MMA knowledge of the presenters and other correspondents on the show is somewhat lacking.
    Meh...........

*Gets on soapbox*

The show has started to improve from its dreadful, utter shite beginnings - hosts who are shunted from a footie show to a 'fighting show' and know f-all. Garath A Davies is purely an internet reporter. Do his words appear in print for the paper? Bloke from Setanta is there as a body and nothing else.

The reason they only talk about the UFC is becuase they show it on the channel. They won't talk about Strikeforce or any other promotion 'cos they dont show it.
    MMA Officials London, Essex and East Anglia representative

Not taught by Wizards

I think MMAHITPIT gets more views than Gareth A Davies, they should be given the opportunity they get, as at least they know more about MMA and even UFC pre 2008..

I havent watched this show for a long time, not out of choice, just not got round to it... last time I watched though, as said abov, they dont say the fighters names right, and its frustrating listening, and they got to a point during a subject they got stuck on, and there was a moments silence, not very long, but long enough to cringe at them....

their only job is to report on UFC, not the whole of mma, and they still get it wrong, which dissapoints (sp) me.
    Last edited by darthcrab; 17-04-2009 at 12:57 PM.

Who the fuck are Brock Lessnaaaar, and Rash-ad Evans?
    www.manchester-mma.com

Skipped through it to see Dan and Dre but couldn't bring myself to watch all of it for the same reasons as mentioned above.

Nathan
    Head Coach at Leicester Shootfighters
    Sponsored by Caged Steel and Empire Fight Shop

On last nights show. did u see how bad they were at pronouncing thales leites name?
    i really dont like the way you get hosts of football shows and etc hosting it,,
    they have good guests/interviews most of the time < main reason i watch

Great to see Dan, Dre, and Ross on it

3 UK fighters on mainstream TV...not bad imo

Especially as they are 3 WPFM fighters