Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Considering taking up Judo. Wise choice or would you reccomend another style?

Hybrid View

Question Considering taking up Judo. Wise choice or would you reccomend another style?

Hello people. I'm loving BJJ but get bored when not doing anything and been considering taking up Judo. I've read up on the style and it seems like a good 2nd style which would compliment BJJ. Would you guys reccomend learning Judo or would it be better to learn some other style?

Thanks for your opinions in advance as its appreciated.
    Last edited by Soldmysoulforabeer; 19-04-2009 at 04:05 PM.

Banned

I guess judo would help with takedowns ect for mma

do it!! Judo is a great sport an will help loads with ur takedowns n takedown defence....

plus Judo throws look really cool when you hit a Big one in an MMA fight.. lol
    ARCHER MMA.. "Strength of the Heart, Honour of the Soul"

Judo and BJJ should definately be trained to complement each other.
    Training one without the other leaves you at a serious disadvantage if you fight someone who trains both.

plus alot of core strength which carries over to everything.

Thanks. I will look into finding a decent Judo place. Couple people i do BJJ with where talking about submission wrestling styles and taking that up to improve there BJJ. I suppose any form of grappling style will compliment another.
    Last edited by Soldmysoulforabeer; 20-04-2009 at 01:09 AM. Reason: jesus told me so.

Judo is awesome. If yuo cant find a great judo club... look for wrestling... or reverse.. or sambo.
    Insert whiny message

It is important to go to the right place - I can try to point you in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by dirty dick View Post
    It is important to go to the right place - I can try to point you in the right direction
    Well i live in the West Mids (walsall). Any reccomendations would be great if you know of anywhere.
    Last edited by Soldmysoulforabeer; 21-04-2009 at 01:21 AM. Reason: The cat told me so.