Thread: Protein shakes = IBS?

Hybrid View

Default Protein shakes = IBS?

been on MetRX, and keep suffering from irritable bowel syndrome. Anyone else get IBS because of drinking protein shakes, or is it MetRX doesn't agree with me well and I should try a different shake?
    When the sunshines it's for my Gorilla, knowing that he'll bash you up forever, walking on knuckles forever, the killer in my Gorilla, illa illa eh eh....

As stated in Lous lovely burping thread, if you're taking it with milk it could be lactose intolerance. Otherwise I'd suggest maybe a different brand or something, I personally use myprotien stuff.
    My website now has a new domain, check it out - www.modernviolentgentlemen.com

No milk; just water. Perhaps my bowels don't like MetRX. Will try out a different brand.
    When the sunshines it's for my Gorilla, knowing that he'll bash you up forever, walking on knuckles forever, the killer in my Gorilla, illa illa eh eh....

ok ill get flack for this as usual but...... IBS is just a type of food allergy , your body is telling you it doesnt like something.

as people have said above try cutting out the milk , if that doesnt work and you still want to take protein then try a different brand as alex said, I havent taken protein for years i havent lost any size or strength ( wasnt particularly big or strong anyway lol ) , only a small amount of protein can be absorbed at any one time i know this as used to have 100g of the stuff at a time ( idiot ), and it used to give me ludicrous bloatage.

Hope this helps.....if not go masturbate

Quote Originally Posted by DetoxGuru.com View Post
    Hope this helps.....if not go masturbate
    Thank you for the good advice

I am naturally skinny (61kg) at 5'6. When I eat and train I max at 66kg. Perhaps the protein shake is placebo in giving me comfort that will not get skinny again. Also, I heard protein was vital for muscle care, especially after heavy training. So, if protein shakes have their benefit and are worth the expense then I will try a different brand.

Why is whey any better/different, please?