Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No Gi Ground-fighting Competition

Am I right in asuming that "ground fighting" means you start on your knees?

Four weeks to go until our next event and we are already Ό full

Our last event sold out and we had to return many late entries.

Seniors: No Gi groundfighting only £15
    http://www.thecombatacademy.com/Comp...NoGi-2009.html

Juniors: Ju Jutsu Kumite only £12
    http://www.thecombatacademy.com/Comp...-JJK-2009.html

A small and friendly event to give competitors as much fight experience as is possible.

Our Guarantee
    All competitors will get a minimum of two fights
    75% of competitors will get a minimum of three fights
    The senior categories will be completed and the medals presented by 5.30pm
    We will provide bleacher seating for 200 spectators
    A warm-up area will be provided for the competitors

If you require more information e-mail info@thecombatacademy.com or give me a call on 07770 768625

Fighter/Coach Comments
    Chris Rees (Gracie Barra Swansea) 'would DEFINATELY recommend this comp to anyone. Especially with the new rules regarding white belts only it is the perfect opportunity to get some cmpetition experience.'

Serina Remedios (VT Jiu Jitsu) 'I would recommend them to anyone. Very well run and friendly.'

The Fighting Doc (Pedro Bessa Wales) 'Want to know how to run a comp, see Dave Coles and Simon Small at The Combat Academy.'

Scuba (Gracie Barra Swansea) 'The Hereford comp is a brilliant comp for beginners, you start off the knees so dont have to worry about takedowns etc, only 3min fights (or possible 4min not sure) and your guaranteed at least 2 fights even if you lose so you get some experience as well. Also if we have had any people from our club enter after a short period of training Dave and the guys have done their best to pair them with people of a similar experience.'

Rob (Gracie Barra Birmingham) 'The comps that Dave & Simon run in Hereford would be an ideal starter.'

Rob T (Gracie Barra Swansea) 'The Combat Academy run the only tournaments I know which have started and ended on time, every single event.'

Richard 'Shakey' Shore (Tillery MMA) 'I would recommend this to anyone, really good atmosphere with no attitudes, guarenteed several fights which cant be bad.'

Mr Thomas (parent Gracie Barra Swansea) 'I brought my son up from Gracie Barra Swansea on sunday to compete in your comp. just a short note to say how well the comp was organised, friendly welcome and impartial judging. excellent day and would recommend the comp to anyone.'

Kelly Griffiths (Swansea Ju Jitsu Association) 'We had a brilliant time on Sunday, the kids thoroughly enjoyed themselves and I think it's one of the best competitions for clubs like mine where the focus is on children's learning and development.'

Faixa Rua (Cagewarriors Forum) Man in Rio there is a say, "if Colesy do bracket you gonna be home for tea"

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Am I right in asuming that "ground fighting" means you start on your knees?
    Hi Baz

yes, as per rolling in most clubs

No Gi Groundfighting Competition: Sunday July 5th 2009

Online registration is now available for the above competition.

Click on the link below to be taken to the registration page.

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/356448146

This is the first time we have used this package, so if there are any problems, or if you have any feedback, please let me know and I will sort it out.

Many thanks

Dave Coles

did it online thismorning had no problems with it, nice and easy to use, see you down there

Default Gracie Barra Seminar 2009

Gracie Barra Leyton Spartan
    BJJ SEMINAR AND GRADUATION CEREMONY 2009
    Spartan Gym, 500 High Road Leyton, E10 6RL

Dear Sir/Madam

Henrique Santana from Gracie Barra Leyton invites you to participate in the 2009 BJJ Seminar with Master Mauricio Robbe on:
    19th of June 2009 from 18:00 – 21:00
    20th of June 2009 from 14:00 – 16:00

Seminar Price
    £50 for 2 Days
    £35 for 1 day
    PS 3 UFC games, food & drinks will be available.

The official BJJ Graduation Ceremony will be on:
    4th of July 2009 from 13:00 – 17:00

We will have demonstrations of Capoeira, Taekwon-do, BJJ & self defence.

Programme schedule
    Open Time: 1pm to 5pm
    Graduation: 2pm
    Award of certificates: 2.30pm
    Demonstrations: 3pm
    Happy Hour: 4pm

Your presence is vital for the continuation and expansion of the gym. The guest of honour is:
    Master Mauricio Robbe, Black & Red Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu –
    the world’s best trainer of BJJ champions! Over 40 years of experience!

Yours sincerely,
    Henrique Santana
    (07830739290)(santana351@aol.com)
    www.spartan-london.com / www.graciebarra-ba.com.br
    …………………………………………………………………………………………..
    NOTE: confirmation slip should be completed and handed over to Henrique Santana along with contribution

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONFIRMATION SLIP

NAME:…………………………………………………………………………………

Tel/Mob:…………………………………………….

Contribution: £…………..
    Minimum contribution towards buffet per person is £5

Quote Originally Posted by dave coles View Post
    Nimmy, this event is aimed at white belts (we will be having some categories for experienced fighters if enough enter)

If you are travelling from Scotland and its your first event, I will waive your entry fee for you to put towards travel costs.

You will get a minimum of two fights, three if we have time to run an absolute.

Oh yeah, now you bring up that nice surprise, coulda done with that last December lol

Jordan McColl

Would anyone from E.London be going to this? I'll need to hitch a ride, if I get that sorted I'll enter

Quote Originally Posted by TheJuice View Post
    Oh yeah, now you bring up that nice surprise, coulda done with that last December lol

Jordan McColl

Jordan, I'm sure it wasn't your first fight!!!

ok same offer for you if you travel down again!!

Only 28 Senior places left

Entry closes midnight on Tuesday

Click on the link below to be taken to the registration page.

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/356448146