Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ground Control 4 Tournament - Who From Here Went?

Default Ground Control 4 Tournament - Who From Here Went?

Just got back from Ground Control 4 Tournament.

Great turnout and very well run, really smooth. Congratulations to everyone involved.

I took 3 guys up. Liam Corrigan and Ranjeet Baria walked through the opposition in the busy -73kg advanced division, fighting each other in the final (again lol). Liam won by advantage in overtime, very well deserved. Newbie Andre Hayes made his debut in the massive -68kg novice division, winning one fight by quick Kimura and losing in overtime by 2 points to the guy who took 1st place. Very proud of all of them

Nice to meet some new people there too.

And thanks to Craig from http://www.greenfightingmachine.com for the Supreme Greens. Go check out the site!

Nathan
    Last edited by Levo; 26-04-2009 at 09:06 PM.
    Head Coach at Leicester Shootfighters
    Sponsored by Caged Steel and Empire Fight Shop

I did, I reffed your guys matches and had it still been a draw in overtime it was going to rock, paper scissors It was an excellent turn out and a very good standard. Thanks to everyone who made the effort to come down today.

Quote Originally Posted by SDR View Post
    I did, I reffed your guys matches and had it still been a draw in overtime it was going to rock, paper scissors It was an excellent turn out and a very good standard. Thanks to everyone who made the effort to come down today.
    Sorry for shouting at you all day to score points, you've got a tough job and I probably didn't help make it any less stressful.

Thank you very much for putting on such a top event.

Nathan

Congrats to Liam & Ranj for clearing out the division. Well done to dre aswell, im interested in seeing the match he lost in.

The one in 4 weeks shall be interesting as well.

I second Levo's comments, had a great time and there was a great atmosphere there, will deffo be there for the next one

Yeah was definatley another good competition much bigger numbers than last time!!

Did anyone record Walter Barnes 1st match by the way? id be intersted to see it (the one where he beats that midget)

Id say the -80kg advanced catagory looked stacked with really good guys! definatley allot of tallent in there, quite a few other guys who could have been in that top 3! still some skills across the board tho

It was a great event, very well run. Well done to everyone involved. people always on 4 mats.

Altough IMO the novice 73 category was VERY mixed. I seen people going for flying armabars, Switching from armbars to triangles to omaplatas.

Thats not the organisers fault, They cant do anything about it.

Well done to the lads from Leicester shoot, Proud of all of you
    Team Rough House - UKs no1 fight team

Default re

there was some concerns over sandbagging during the day, all I can say is if you are sandbagging then you are only letting yourself down. Any winner of the beginners division are not allowed to enter the beginners division again.

also for the next event, in Liverpool on June 28th, numbers permitting we will be running an intermediate catergory which will be 3yrs training and under (no BJJ brown belts or above, no Judo Blackbelts)
    http://twitter.com/groundcontroluk http://www.gcgrappling.com

Quote Originally Posted by groundcontrol View Post
    there was some concerns over sandbagging during the day, all I can say is if you are sandbagging then you are only letting yourself down. Any winner of the beginners division are not allowed to enter the beginners division again.
    Definite sandbagging going on. Pussies.

Sensible rule that the winner needs to go up to advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by groundcontrol View Post
    also for the next event, in Liverpool on June 28th, numbers permitting we will be running an intermediate catergory which will be 3yrs training and under (no BJJ brown belts or above, no Judo Blackbelts)
    Oh man, I HATE intermediate divisions Your comp and you're doing an amazing job (the UK's own Grapplers Quest?) so I won't rant lol. Thanks again for putting these shows on.

Nathan

I didn't feel terribly outclassed in the advanced (lost on points to the winner, but had an onoplata locked in but ran out of time) but I have been training under 3 years. Would it be possible to enter both divisions?

And any plans for an open weight category? Repache system?