Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrestling And No Gi question

Default Wrestling And No Gi question

theoretically speaking..

if u had abit of spare time and cash and maybe a week to kill..

who would u go and train with in the uk to get top tutition in these areas?

I dont mind what style - greco/freestyle with a bjj or any other grappling style mix?

How much would it cost to get a of solid week of training in both these areas?

would one be better saving even more and 'clearing off' foreign?

I would spend a full week with my BJJ teacher. He knows my weeknesses, and what best to give me to improve. I could learn alot from anyone, but for value for money, he world know how to give me what I truely need.

Simon McGovern.

"The UK's Lyoto Machida - Hit and Run, Baby" widge milward's Avatar

id go to the north west

train wrestling with John Melling and attempt to arrange sessions with Shane Rigby who is the wrestlign coach at Kaobon. Then go to many of the gyms in the area who's grappling is more SW than BJJ (Colosseum, Atherton, Golden Glory, Tom Blackledge, Kaobon etc etc)
    You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get

Team Colosseum

Quote Originally Posted by widge milward View Post
    id go to the north west

train wrestling with John Melling and attempt to arrange sessions with Shane Rigby who is the wrestlign coach at Kaobon. Then go to many of the gyms in the area who's grappling is more SW than BJJ (Colosseum, Atherton, Golden Glory, Tom Blackledge, Kaobon etc etc)
    anti jiu jitsu will be your downfall one day widge.

i will burn some acai to please the gods of jiu jitsu, so they dont get angry at you
    Insert whiny message

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    theoretically speaking..

if u had abit of spare time and cash and maybe a week to kill..

who would u go and train with in the uk to get top tutition in these areas?

I dont mind what style - greco/freestyle with a bjj or any other grappling style mix?

How much would it cost to get a of solid week of training in both these areas?

would one be better saving even more and 'clearing off' foreign?
    Go and train with The Machine , he offers a week session I think. It was advertised a while back on here. The guy is the business.... drop him an email

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

steve_langford

If you already train BJJ then I would go for wrestling.
    I started wrestling this week , I LOVE IT already! Its so physicaly demanding and technical!

As Widge stated before Shane Rigby teaches wrestling at Kaobon and is a beast he also brings in some of the British Wrestling team to help out, Mike Grundy for example.

I don't think wrestling gets as much credit as BJJ and submissions work, it's a very important skill.

While you're at Kaobon if you want No Gi then do Luta Livre with Marcelo Brigadeiro
    http://www.kaobon.com/

It can't be bargained with! It can't be reasoned with! It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

there is only one answer to this question.

London Shootfighters

Bateman..if i remember correctly (altho i could be wrong) was did that not cost something in and around 500? That is outa my price range..

steve..wrestling is a fantastic sport..for anyone that can get 'proper' tuition..i would tell them to take full advantage!!

Generally, thanx for the input guys..

there is definately food for thought there..

i have arranged something for a few days next week..should be good
    Last edited by The Natural; 11-04-2009 at 12:49 AM.

I'd echo exactly what Widge said (obviously I'm gonna give props to my gym )...

For no-gi and wrestling outside of the North West though - Leicester Shoot (Levo's guys always look slick as hell, very technical), UTC (Marc's grappling record speaks for itself), Pancrase London (Jess is even better on the ground than he looks in his fights, and has some of the best Greco I've experienced).
    www.kaobon.com home of TEAM KAOBON MMA/MUAYTHAI