Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Ground Control 5.0 MANCHESTER! Sunday June 28th!

Advanced Division Prizes

All Advanced division winners will receive:
    > Ground Control Winners Medal (Medals for 3rd, 2nd and 1st)
    > Free Entry Pass to Ground Control Event worth 15
    > 40 of Painjunkie Fight Wear
    > 30 worth of NOGI Fight Wear
    > Fight Wear from Caged Steel
    > Like2Fight T-Shirt

Advanced division prizes are well in excess of 100 worth of equipment, a winners Medal and free entry to the next competition!

Beginner Division Prizes

All Beginners division winners will receive:
    > Ground Control Winners Medal (Medals for 3rd, 2nd and 1st)
    > Free Entry Pass to Next Ground Control Event worth 15
    > Like2Fight T-Shirt

Beginners Divisions are still offering Medals, Free Entry and some Clothing, but we're trying to encourage people to enter the Advanced Divisions if possible to prevent Sandbagging and to make sure their is lots of competition for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
    Last edited by SDR; 15-06-2009 at 03:23 PM.

We're going to be collecting donations and raffling off some amazing prizes at Ground Control 5 in Manchester towards helping Jamie raise the money towards his rising costs of fighting his girlfriends high grade Burkitt's non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

If you've not read Jamies previous threads or the coverage of the seminar Tom Blackledge did, more information can be found here: http://ts5.gazettelive.co.uk/local-n...le-cancer.html

At the moment we've had some excellent prizes donated by some very generous people and we're hoping to get more to attract more people to buy raffle tickets and get involved with the fund raising.

Prizes so far (not finalised - we need more!):

* Donated by Cagefilm.com - The Ultimate Fight Site - www.cagefilm.com

1. PRE-RELEASED, SIGNED copy of Michael Bispings Technical Striking for MMA 2 Disc DVD Set (Not released anywhere else until July 11th at UFC 100!).

2. SIGNED copy of Ian "The Machine" Freemans 6 DVD Set Fundementals of MMA. Recently released, all signed!

* Donated by Ian "The Machine" Freeman

Fightwear as available from Ians ebay store http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/ianfreeman1/

* Donated by Michael Bisping - www.bisping.tv

Signed posters of "The Count" himself!

We've only been working on this a few days and the people we've been speaking to have been so helpful in putting together prizes to help towards Jamies cause. We've still got a few other things in the pipeline waiting to be confirmed, so watch this space for extra prizes.

Here's how you can help:

1. If you're an MMA/BJJ Supplier: We're still taking donations! PM me on here with anything you'd like to add into the mix. We'll hand out flyers for your company, plug anything you want plugging and generally do anything we can to thank you for your donation, no matter how small!

2. If you're interesting in Grappling: Come down to Ground Control http://www.gcgrappling.com on Sunday 28th of June and get involved. If you want to compete or spectate, it's not a problem. All entrants are garaunteed 2 bouts even if they lose their first. The prizes for winning total up to over 100 worth of fight gear, medals and free entry to the next tournament!

If anyone has any questions about the raffle, the competition or anything related to this, please pm me on here and I'll get back to you asap.

Thanks

Shaun

TTT a week today!

cant wait for this.. keep on improving these events!

Last one was great, Looks like this one is gonna be even better.

Dont think i can make it up to watch Liam smash it but good luck to him and the other lads from Leicester shoot especially my 18 year old prodigy Aiden Hayes
    Team Rough House - UKs no1 fight team

TTT for tomorrow!

what time does the weigh in run?

9am through to 11am if I remember correctly!

Big thanks to everyone who got involved today, we got through it despite the nice weather and Glastonbury! Was a great turnout and the Super fights were amazing to watch, the standard is getting better and better each time!

Big thanks for everyone who donated to the raffle and to everyone who bought raffle tickets. The donations were so generous that about 20 people got prizes! Dave Faulker donated some (alot!) kit from TuF Season 9 that we're going to sell off on Ebay aswell, so watch this space!

Quote Originally Posted by Predator View Post
    Last one was great, Looks like this one is gonna be even better.

Dont think i can make it up to watch Liam smash it but good luck to him and the other lads from Leicester shoot especially my 18 year old prodigy Aiden Hayes
    I watched alot of Aidens matches because of your comment and he really was very good. Right up until his last match were Levo hurled a tonne of abuse at him for not having an active guard... when he had a guy on top of him staying tight to his hips and essentially stalling out the round even though he was down on points! I think Liam did well as usual, he had a Gogoplata on one of our guys for AGES and just missed the points from the sweep off it by a couple of seconds. LSF's are always well represented at our events, as are Gracie Barra!

Just got home from driving back to Scotland in fucking agony. Went to A&E and I've broke two ribs. Lost my first fight to a dude made from rubber aswell.
    Fucking great day