Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caveman training ?

Default Caveman training ?

Seen Sherk do alot of this and a few times i have seen fighters using sledge hammers and other equipment like that. Has anyone tried these kind of work outs? What about the gains do you believe they are more beneficial than conventional training. I cant see my gym getting a big tractor tyre in just for me to twat with a sledge hammer! KLooks an intense work out though and i think its good Sherk has no idea what workout is planned for that day. What does anyone else think? Any uk mma gym use this workout ?
    "tonight we dine in hell....or dominoes"

TEAM BADGERS PRISON

I doubt cavemen had gas masks? :P

Seriously tho looks like a very good intense work out... but then again i aint to clued up as to how good it actually will be for mma.

its obviously works for mma as sherks a cardio monster in the cage.

I heard Grapple Farm was awesome for training,

Chasing Chickens, Throwing Bales of Hay, Wrestling Pigs alll core training

My cat's name is Mittens ralphylad's Avatar

//////////////////////
    "I honestly can't even remember my old signature, so I'll have this one"

Caveman training is a form of functional training. Its very rare that we perform the same movements in our day to day life as we do in weight routines - i.e when do we perform barbell bicep curls in real life?? We utilise other muscles as well. This functional type of training is excellent for all sports as it tries to mimic actual movements so for instance hitting a big tyre with a sledgehammer could be like doing a judo type throw?? Also this is working lots of muscles at once as this is what we do in sports.
    Why does it hurt so much????????

Does anyone have any idea of how often Sean Sherk does the caveman training?
    http://www.kendallgrovemma.com/

"You fucked his wife, fucked his fucking wife, you fucking wife fucker, you fucked his fucking wife you wife-fucking cunt, another mans wife? You stupid? You fucking thick you cunt? Fuck another mans wife? You don't do that!"

- Stephen Dillane

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Gold View Post
    Whenever there's a camera crew nearby
    LOL good old Sherky
    http://www.kendallgrovemma.com/

"You fucked his wife, fucked his fucking wife, you fucking wife fucker, you fucked his fucking wife you wife-fucking cunt, another mans wife? You stupid? You fucking thick you cunt? Fuck another mans wife? You don't do that!"

- Stephen Dillane

http://www.defrancostraining.com/index.php

check out this site, his routines are some of the most renowened for atheletic sport strength training