Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tournament Opponent and drugs (recreational)

I use to smoke pot untill recently (Gave it up due to either BJJ or pot) and it does have its advantages/disadvantages.

One thing i've noticed is some people get tense while rolling in BJJ/No-Gi but after a spliff you are more relaxed. Why is this a advantage? Simple as a tense person is much easier to manipulate (roll-over to get advantage posistion, Arm bar... Yada, Yada). I use to have a Spliff before training just to loosen me up as i use to be like corpse with a hard on (EI: STIFF).

Disadvantage though is lung campacity. Just like a Ciggie it lowers your lung intake by a severe ammount and this effect lasts for several hours (No brainer really) and same effect is with a Spliff. Your coordination is effected slightly (My reaction time was slower).

Silly question. Does a person with B.O offend you? If they do then if were ever in a competition together im not gonna have a bath for a month just to get advantage. :-)
    Last edited by Soldmysoulforabeer; 14-05-2009 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Jewish-jitsu FTW

soldmysoul, thats the exact answer I'm looking for. Course b.o doesn't offend but its common courtesy to trim nails, clean gi 4 hygiene reasons for the opponent agree no? Thanks.

havent read the whole thread... but do you REALLY care if he's been smoking before a fight? Concentrate on your own training, and go out there and show what a clean pair of lungs can do
    The Dungeon Sunderland / Checkmatt BJJ team

Quote Originally Posted by NeilD View Post
    show what a clean pair of lungs can do
    erm he did.... he lost.

i hate people who smoke after weed when rolling. I have told several people to clean them selfs up at training. Its complete respect less to smell like weed or plump ass

Quote Originally Posted by mathematist View Post
    soldmysoul, thats the exact answer I'm looking for. Course b.o doesn't offend but its common courtesy to trim nails, clean gi 4 hygiene reasons for the opponent agree no? Thanks.

No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mathematist View Post
    Does that suggest that you are not offended by a stinky person? Your fucking kidding me - Stinky fucks are are properly offensive! I bet every club out there has had one, or two. And they offend everyone!

I think he was referring to the b.o during a fight but thankfully, very few where I train, but you're right, not pleasant!

mathematist has a wolverine (x-men) level of sense of smell . One rolling session he tapped, for no apparent reason. when asked why, he said 'your gi smells of dettol'

I put a cap of dettol in fabric softener compartment when I wash my gi and rash guard.