Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Entering my 1st competition. How did you find yours?

i had a very famous brazilian coaching the other guy. calling me faggot. FAGGOT THIS IS ZHOOT ZTISU NOT JUDO. VIADOO. FAGGOT. TAKE POINTIE AWAY.

Does it for us **flex** piratebrido's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duchman View Post
    i had a very famous brazilian coaching the other guy. calling me faggot. FAGGOT THIS IS ZHOOT ZTISU NOT JUDO. VIADOO. FAGGOT. TAKE POINTIE AWAY.
    Hope you squeezed your kesa-gatame extra tight!

Quote Originally Posted by piratebrido View Post
    Hope you squeezed your kesa-gatame extra tight!
    Yes from 10 secs in to the end bhahahahah.
    than some other dude from that gym armbarred me

my advice, gas out. I made the mistake of stretching before the fight and not light sparring. I couldnt even open a bottle of water after! Bt, i'm going thru a motivational decline at the mo. Injured, flu. Thnkng to pack it in having just got my blue. Anybody feel the same now and then? Thanks lads.

Slightly Bonkers shakus maximus's Avatar

i shit myself at my first comp
    it was one of dave coles earlier events that used to be held in a pub/club
    many years on whether grappling, bjj, sport jujutsu or mma i still feel petrefied b4 i compete.
    the buzz afterwards makes all the pre stress worthwile tho.
    enjoy it and remember it aint fear your feeling but adrenaline playing havoc with your mind
    try and relax think positive and enjoy every second
    remember for every one of us that has the balls to compete there are thousands who wish the had the courage to try

I got stoned and tapped out some winging weiner

Hey, are you refering to me LOL???

Question out curiousity. How often do you people train? i do 3x Bjj sessions, 1 MMA session and Open Mat per week.

On a perfect week Ill train twice BJJ, and twice MMA. Then on Sunday morning started sparing with a couple of mates (BJJ). But as Im married with two kids and work, I do what I can. Also got gym at home and do weights and cardio three or four times a week.

Its not his cup you can feel.... Mike Bishop's Avatar

Probably deserves a separate thread. I've always been curious how people who are married/kids find time to train. I'm very much the same as you - I'm married, two young kids, a lawyer, travel quite a lot internationally but usually manage 2-3 times BJJ a week and 2-3 weights/cardio sessions. It's a struggle though and am lucky my wife understands my love for it.