Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grappling dummy

Default Grappling dummy

The owner of my gym recently bought a grappling dummy. Its hard to explain what it looks like but if anyone has used one of these I was wondering what drills would be good to use on it. The arms are slightly T-rex like and its doesn't exactly have the same proportions as a normal person. Trying to drill half guard sweeps and any thing that involves a curved doens't work on it because it can't really crouch and has to be full length all the time (this is a shit explanation). At the moment I have been using it for drilling armbars from the mount and from my guard. There's a video of Cung Le using a dummy on youtube to train his takedowns but I was wondering if anybody has used one to improve their ju-jistu.

I practice Triangles, triangle from side control, Knee on Belly, Kimura's, Arm Triangles. Practice positioning. Going into North South position. I also stick on a Gi and also practice chokes. I love these things. I just drill it constantly untill i can do it with my eyes closed. I reccomend these things for when your all alone.

Is it Rodney ? he works well with slams and throws...

If you need a friend, get a dog !
    http://www.PositiveAggression.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Bateman View Post
    Is it Rodney ? he works well with slams and throws...
    Is this called Guy Rodney everywhere then as my trainer calls his Rodney lol.

Banned

Grappling dummy sounds awesome, there expensive though right?

Quote Originally Posted by Soldmysoulforabeer View Post
    I practice Triangles, triangle from side control, Knee on Belly, Kimura's, Arm Triangles. Practice positioning. Going into North South position. I also stick on a Gi and also practice chokes. I love these things. I just drill it constantly untill i can do it with my eyes closed. I reccomend these things for when your all alone.
    Ok cheers on the one I have I tried arm triangles and anacona chokes but the way the joints work there's a gap between the head and the arm if I try it, though it would be good working positions on it.

I think I heard it cost just over 200 quid.

Quote Originally Posted by pauljono1120 View Post
    Grappling dummy sounds awesome, there expensive though right?
    Nooo... can always dig a body up from graveyard for cheap.

I think theyre around a 100.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_bullard View Post
    Ok cheers on the one I have I tried arm triangles and anacona chokes but the way the joints work there's a gap between the head and the arm if I try it, though it would be good working positions on it.

I think I heard it cost just over 200 quid.
    this is the one im practicing at the moment. Its Youtube footage sadly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGxnXCi1Z0o works well though.

frens there are many grappling dummies in henglan !