Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mostapha Al-Turk: "I've got the tools to beat Mirko Cro Cop"

The only way in my mind that Mus can win is to wrestle Cro to the ground and GnP his face in.

Do I see it happening? No unfortunately, I think Mirko will KO Mus in 1min 20secs
    Rich Austin

I'm expecting cro crop to win, but he is beatable with the right game plan. Standup wise, does he actually throw any power shots other than that southpaw straight and left kick? It took him quite a while to put eddie sanchez away when sanchez couldn't have fought more to cro crops strengths.

I'll watch with interest!!

Quote Originally Posted by SawaPawa View Post
    I'm expecting cro crop to win, but he is beatable with the right game plan. Standup wise, does he actually throw any power shots other than that southpaw straight and left kick? It took him quite a while to put eddie sanchez away when sanchez couldn't have fought more to cro crops strengths.

I'll watch with interest!!
    eddie sanchez has a great chin though, hardonk smashed him with everything and still struggled to put him away, mirko wasn't even out of first gear and finished him in the first.
    "A boxer is the best predator on land. The Lion, but throw him in the shark tank and he becomes just another meal" Renzo Gracie.

Dont be scared Homie Plastikman's Avatar

It seems that Gonzaga may have booted Mirko permenantly into neutral though.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

I dont think Cro crop is even half the fighter he was in his Pride days, I really can see Mus winning this

Default Re: Mus' Tools

I'd be inclined to believe Mus had I not seen how he'd faired against a very similar opponent in Kongo (Kickboxer with a good sprawl) where he got totally tooled once it became apparant his wrestling wasn't good enough to get the TD
    Last edited by Valour5; 21-05-2009 at 06:05 PM.
    And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Unless he means he's going to use a Black 'n' Decker Power Saw, I would be inclined to disagree. No offence to Al-Turk but he's just not on the same level, even with a diminished-performance Cro Cop. I don't think we're going to see him come out completely ruthless in his first fight because he's had a long lay-off and tonnes of injuries, but we will see a good little run of performances from Cro Cop before he retires!
    The mind of the believer stagnates. It fails to grow outward into an unlimited, infinite universe.

mus will be a fair bit bigger than cro crop so he might be able to muscle him around a bit and grind him down as the fight goes on. Cro crops clinch isn't up to the rest of his standup.

Quote Originally Posted by herringtonmma View Post
    I dont think Cro crop is even half the fighter he was in his Pride days, I really can see Mus winning this
    x2

This could be a gift for Mus.

Cro Cop is nowhere near what he was a few years ago. Since the Gonzaga fight he's seemed mentally fragile and appears to doubt himself.

The current Cro Cop is far more beatable than the current Kongo. Mus needs to get him to the ground and smash his face.